How Do You Know a Club is Good?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not a properly trained one, similar to a gun dog. Mine isn't but I have seen enough that are. They have to be better than you average trained dog though, practically working level.

a well trained gun dog is very handy, Baldrick was a real asset on the course, you never lost a ball when he was with you.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not a properly trained one, similar to a gun dog. Mine isn't but I have seen enough that are. They have to be better than you average trained dog though, practically working level.

Which may be fine if you have a dog like that - but most folks don't - and I am not a fan of dogs at the best of times :)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some country clubs round my way don't call it a green fee, but member for the day. Get full access to all facilities including swimming pools etc. Free range balls, cart included, complimentary ball marker and tees, pencil with course name on it. Those are nice touches and make you feel welcome, rather than inconvenience that keeps the members annual fees down.

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
Wow. How many courses?

2 one more of a pay and play the other a little more exclusive

To be fair the majority of membership is credits based a lot of members travel quite far to play there as it can work out to be reasonable if you don’t play that often

Also it’s run as a business rather than a club with no captain/committee etc