How do/did you sign in for your club competitions?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Enter via HDID and then sign in at the pro shop. We've started using HDID to enter the scores electronically via the one card kept on the course so players are taking responsibility for their own scores

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you happen to know which software your club uses?

And is the screen cleaned between each use?!

We have gel every where so me its gel entering and leaving the pro shop where the screen is located. I think there is gel or some sort of wipes next to the screen.

It is a touch screen so players can use an electro static pen if they want

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
We use HandicapMaster/Masterscoreboard. I'm assured by our Club Secretary that it's relatively cheap, but I too suspect that it might also be very painful to switch from.
Club I joined has the same. All comps (incl drawn and knockouts) are entered through the site (i.e. on my phone). Post lockdown any weekend days where a comp isn't on is on, also shows as a "copm" for a couple of hours in the morning as "roll up" so can book times for these also.

jpjeffery

Assistant Pro
learnergolfer.wordpress.com
Okay, so the principle of 'sign-in before you tee off' is by no means unique to my club. I was confident that that was the case, but still thought it worth asking. Also good to see that electronic registration isn't unusual.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everyone I know who has moved from HDIDo to IG has been very happy to do so. Yes, its dearer but it seems its worth it, though not easy to convince those that pay.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
At Nairn, as soon as you pay your comp entry fee you are signed in, for the Kings who use HDID, you have to sign in on the screen in the locker room before going out, but you still have to go in the shop and pay as well. Nairn Dunbar has the screen on the desk in the pro shop so you pay and sign into the comp on HDIDO.

TBH i think the Nairn way is best

jpjeffery

Assistant Pro
learnergolfer.wordpress.com
After Beckenham Place Park. I don't recall seeing what club you joined after it closed. Yeh. I know it was a long time ago and I probably missed it (or saw but forgot) lol
Gotcha. I'm impressed (and even a little flattered) that you remembered! :)(y)

The club (and I with the club) moved to Selsdon Park Hotel, but keeping our club identity.

Overall the number of members is down, particularly the ladies section which has dwindled very badly, but membership of the men's section is going back up, in no small part due to members of the Selsdon club joining us (as away members, rather than actually leaving Selsdon). So, smaller overall, but not massively so.

On a personal note, unfortunately I find it a much more difficult course, with the result that my handicap has gone up to 29!

Cheers for asking!

Last edited:

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At Nairn, as soon as you pay your comp entry fee you are signed in, for the Kings who use HDID, you have to sign in on the screen in the locker room before going out, but you still have to go in the shop and pay as well. Nairn Dunbar has the screen on the desk in the pro shop so you pay and sign into the comp on HDIDO.

TBH i think the Nairn way is best

We sign in to V1 in the clubhouse and the entry fee comes off your bar card.
No need for cash, only thing is you have to remember to keep the bar card topped up. If your bar card does not have enough credit on it, the system allows you to go into debit for 1 entry fee giving you a chance to top the bar card up straight after in the pro shop.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The club (and I with the club) moved to Selsdon Park Hotel, but keeping our club identity.

Cheers for asking!

(y)

Nice course. Although I've lived in the area all of my life (so far) I've only played it twice. I seem to recall that some years ago the Hotel decided to close the club to members and keep it just for hotel residents and visitors. The members went mainly to Croham Hurst and Purley Downs I believe.