How does your club organise tee times?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Via BRS
Sunday mornings between 7.45 and 9.30 have to be booked - Men only
Tuesday mornings between 7.45 and 10.30 have to be booked - Women only
Various competition days must be booked- they are advised a couple of weeks beforehand.
Other than that...its rock up and play/queue.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
In process of change over from BRS to ClubV1
We are thinking about doing the same. How is it going?
Presently we can book 8 days in advance at 19.17 for up to 4. But some times are booked in advance by the manager (specific comps, opens, big visiting parties, county bookings etc).
A mixture of 8' or 10' intervals.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are thinking about doing the same. How is it going?
Presently we can book 8 days in advance at 19.17 for up to 4. But some times are booked in advance by the manager (specific comps, opens, big visiting parties, county bookings etc).
A mixture of 8' or 10' intervals.
Not too bad , just 2 days left of BRS and then all Clubv1 on Nov 1st. Easier to set up comps etc but as a user not getting same notifications on Vi , none when a player joins you and when i was booking 2 pairs in yesterday I made a mistake on 2nd pair and couldn't delete him from the booking, had to do it in the admin side

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We can't book on weekends. It's a three-tee start, you can turn up and play either before 9:15 or after 12:00 - off the 1st, the 8th or the 13th. Can't tee off in between those times (because of the three-tee start).

When they first returned to this system after Covid we thought it would be awful, but we've never really struggled to get on the course, firstly because we don't have a huge number of members, and secondly because we tend to opt for the afternoon whereas the majority play in the morning. Just a little inconvenient in that we'd prefer to play at 10 or 11 but we're not allowed.

If you play week days you can book times in the IG app, off the 1st or 10th.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
We can't book on weekends. It's a three-tee start, you can turn up and play either before 9:15 or after 12:00 - off the 1st, the 8th or the 13th. Can't tee off in between those times (because of the three-tee start).

When they first returned to this system after Covid we thought it would be awful, but we've never really struggled to get on the course, firstly because we don't have a huge number of members, and secondly because we tend to opt for the afternoon whereas the majority play in the morning. Just a little inconvenient in that we'd prefer to play at 10 or 11 but we're not allowed.

If you play week days you can book times in the IG app, off the 1st or 10th.
Why go back? We had no booking system before, and I thought having one would be awful, we've had one complaint from an oldish guy who refuses to use the internet and his son has to do all his bookings for him. We'll never revert now, it's made medals so much less chaotic, and casual play has eliminated the car park sprint to get to the tee first. Plus we've found out guest fees have gone up considerably :sneaky::unsure:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why go back? We had no booking system before, and I thought having one would be awful, we've had one complaint from an oldish guy who refuses to use the internet and his son has to do all his bookings for him. We'll never revert now, it's made medals so much less chaotic, and casual play has eliminated the car park sprint to get to the tee first. Plus we've found out guest fees have gone up considerably :sneaky::unsure:
If I recall correctly they issued a questionnaire on what members would prefer, and returning to the old non-booking system won by overwhelming majority. As I say, we were a bit peeved at first, but we're used to it now and it hasn't caused us any major problems.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We can book casual times 14 days in advance, comps are released 11 days in advance at either 5.30pm or 6.00pm. None are drawn, it's a fastest finger job. The club has a hefty and active membership so I'm not sure of a better way. This is the fairest way, it seems to me, equal to all.

RichA

Visit site
We can book up to 60 days in advance via ig. You only really need to book a week in advance if you're desperate for a weekend tee time between 8 and 9am.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For casual rounds, online booking opens 7 days in advance, for the early times on weekends it’s fastest finger first, but that was the same at my previous club. At the last club it was 3 weeks in advance and one person could block out the full tee time on their own. Didn’t work well and often they’d either cancel or not turn up. Booking only 7 days in advance reduces that, in my opinion, because you’re more likely to know what you’re doing next week rather than in 3 weeks.

Comps open at 7pm, 15 days prior (so, Friday night for a Saturday comp). Works well opening at that time (compared to 7am 2 weeks prior) because it gives everyone a chance of being online to book.

The only negative I’m experiencing is that even though I’m on the website from 6.59pm, when I click to book at 7pm, several slots are already gone, no idea how they can be that much faster! Hasn’t caused any issues though and I’ve always got a time around when I wanted.

sjw

Visit site
7 days in advance for visitors. 14 days in advance for members. No singles on weekend mornings. Biggest letdown is hotel customers getting further priority still, which can sometimes mean that huge chunks of the weekend are block booked.

Swango1980

Visit site
Use BRS Booking. Tee times automatically become available 4 weeks in advance, at 6pm each day. Once they open, tee slots booked up for competitions / matches are already obviously unavailable.

Thankfully, never have any issues booking tee times between 8-10 every Sat and Sun, non-competitions days. And I play all the weekend competitions. Very happy with that, despite having a lot of members, as I know a lot of other local clubs it can be a nightmare getting decent tee times at weekends.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sat are bookable via BRS 16 days ahead on Thurs 19.00hr.
First 6 slots for men only
Next 6 slots for ladies only
The remainder up to noon available for ladies & men & they're never all taken.
Most we ever have for Sat Comps are 90 men & 24 ladies, so little problem getting times.
Looking at others' responses I'm just wondering if we are, pretty much on our own as a Club in having Saturday tee-times allocated for Ladies??

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Looking at others' responses I'm just wondering if we are, pretty much on our own as a Club in having Saturday tee-times allocated for Ladies??

At my home course Saturday & Sunday tee times (whether social or comp golf) is for both men and/or women, no distinction or preferences

YandaB

Visit site
Every other week the women have either a stableford or medal on Saturday morning (usually only 5-6 tee times), they can also enter the mixed competition that is on the rest of Saturday AM. Men have Sunday AM medals once per month, all other tee times are bookable 3 weeks in advance. A few book some slots Sunday AM for a mixed roll up.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Nope. My club April/mid-aug/Sept, ladies have the Saturday medal. Men are Sunday. In between there's no weekend medals