How does your club organise tee times?

Chef1924

Visit site
Just wondering how your clubs let you organise tee times as members?
Particularly weekend morning which is largely what we pay our 7 day membership for if you have one.

My club lets you book tee times 3 weeks in advance. Weekend mornings have become a mess as a result and is completely luck of the draw when the window opens (to the second)

What is the fairest way for golf clubs to do this for their members?

I am considering my options as not entirely happy with the above as can go weeks without a weekend morning slot at this time of year.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ours is ran through BRS. However, Saturday and Sunday mornings are done initially via a draw (when your name is called you pick the tee time you and your other playing partners want) on a Thursday evening. This is to prevent the fastest finger first situation and also encourage an hour in the clubhouse, it surprised me when I joined how well attended it is. BRS then reopens at 9pm on Thursday for those not in attendance.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Up to either 4 weeks or a month in advance for weekday times, can't remember which, and 7 days in advance for weekends and Bank Holidays going live at 7.40pm.

We like a very early time and are usually successful in getting times to suit.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
For casual play, booking online opens 7pm 7days in advance. Saturdays we have one late morning block reservation of ten tee times for our main weekend rollup. Entry for that closes on the Tuesday and, based upon numbers entered, tee times at the back end of the reserved block not required are released for general booking. There are no other weekend rollup block reservations, though there are a couple of groups that organise to get in there ASAP to book their preferred timeslots when booking opens up.

For drawn k/o competitions, competition entry opens well in advance with no limit on entry numbers. For competitions such as monthly medals when the tee is reserved for a period (usually the morning and early pm until 2pm), the competition entry open one week in advance as for casual comps.

Last edited:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
3 weeks in advance. Loads of slots available at weekends. Seniors days Tuesday and Thursday however you've gotta be very quick in the summer. Easier now buggies have been banned for the winter.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sat are bookable via BRS 16 days ahead on Thurs 19.00hr.
First 6 slots for men only
Next 6 slots for ladies only
The remainder up to noon available for ladies & men & they're never all taken.
Most we ever have for Sat Comps are 90 men & 24 ladies, so little problem getting times.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Comps, Opens, regular roll ups and contracted tourist slots are booked out, after that we can book wherevers left. Not sure if there's a set period in advance but I've done 3 weeks without issue

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All tee times are bookable 8 days in advance at 8pm ( one person can book in 3 other players) unless the tee slots are set aside societies pre bookable comps, such as the club championship, etc.

All players are required to book in on the day of play so that no shows can be monitored.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Ours is ran through BRS. However, Saturday and Sunday mornings are done initially via a draw (when your name is called you pick the tee time you and your other playing partners want) on a Thursday evening. This is to prevent the fastest finger first situation and also encourage an hour in the clubhouse, it surprised me when I joined how well attended it is. BRS then reopens at 9pm on Thursday for those not in attendance.
My last club in England did this, though you could only book your own time, not add any partners, really encouraged mixing, it was superb. Those not there on the Thursday night could book from the following morning.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Booking-in goes live 7:38am only 5 days in advance. All days the same including comps. Can add other members and guests to your time slot.
Some opens are bookable weeks or months in advance.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
We use V1 with 14 day booking for full members. Flex members get 7 days.

Major board comps are drawn. Monthly medals you can only put your own name down. All other comps and times we can book the other 3 slots for members or guests.