Hedgehog Wheels

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm a bit disappointed that Rulefan and LP didn't come back with any links to the evidence that they had seen that hedgehog wheels do less damage to the course than flat wheels.

There again, after a lot of searching, neither could I - apart from one "trial" which co-incidentally was sponsored, I believe, by Powercaddy :unsure:

I would concede however that they might do less damage in heavy frost conditions (when trolleys shouldn't be used anyway imo).

Apologies - i have asked our Golf Director for the research material he has , once i have got that i will send it on

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just out of interest, a trolley and bag might weigh 30kg absolute most. Most of us probably weigh close to 90kg (I’m 110 😁), surely if the trolley is doing damage to a course it should just be closed?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just out of interest, a trolley and bag might weigh 30kg absolute most. Most of us probably weigh close to 90kg (I’m 110 😁), surely if the trolley is doing damage to a course it should just be closed?

And if we weigh 90 Kg and are carrying a bag of 20 Kg that makes a lot of pressure of one footprint on the ground!!!