Golf Random Irritations

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Waiting to tee off and asked the group behind what time they were due out, just in case. 8.10 came the response, can't be as we're 8.12, thought I'd check for them and the app was showing no 3balls after us for a while. So God knows.

They then made it worse by telling us to let them through if we found any trouble. Didn't see them again until the 16th and guess who had 2 groups waiting on them.

oleinone

Visit site
I found one once many years ago on our course and forgot to hand it in and it wasn’t until a few years later I found it when clearing out my bag so I just kept it. Anyway the lad I now play with explained how he’d lost one and described it to the letter as fitting onto the cover etc. and when/where he suspected he lost it. I walked in a few days later and said is this your repairer and it was! I must’ve had it 8 years 😂😂😂
We have a table by reception that accumulates everything from clubs to head covers to sunglasses. I am still baffled by the appearance of a single shoe.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
We have a table by reception that accumulates everything from clubs to head covers to sunglasses. I am still baffled by the appearance of a single shoe.
Yeah, we had a charity sale of all the old lost and found stuff last year. There was boxes of the stuff!

Teebs

Visit site
We have 3 x 9 holes courses. 2 of the 9 holes are the traditional 18, 3rd 9 is a smaller affair, tighter fairways, smaller greens but a good test as you can't bomb it everywhere.

Book onto the course using BRS as normal.

Had a spare couple of hours yesterday, booked onto the 3rd 9 holes, checked BRS and showed as empty. Played the 1st 2 holes, got to the 3rd and then was held up on every shot until the 27th.

2 x 3 balls in front, both groups with 1 or 2 beginners which is fine..... if they let me through..

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got a new pair of shoes, supposedly perfectly fitting by the FJ fitter, and yesterday played a few holes to start breaking them in. But only 4 holes in I could feel blistering on heel of right foot so walked in. And the new shoes have indeed taken skin off right heel.

Not great as have a k/o match tomorrow - and just to compound the problem we’ve started on verti-draining of the greens, each to then have a dressing applied, and of course a temp in play as each is done. Just what I need given my 6ft and under putting was top drawer on Saturday and I’ll need my short game to be good in the match as I’m giving 10 shots to a bloke currently regularly playing 42+ Stableford pt golf 🙄

Ach well…I‘m generally a decent matchplay golfer so will just get on with it.

sjw

Visit site
Got a new pair of shoes, supposedly perfectly fitting by the FJ fitter, and yesterday played a few holes to start breaking them in. But only 4 holes in I could feel blistering on heel of right foot so walked in. And the new shoes have indeed taken skin off right heel.

Not great as have a k/o match tomorrow - and just to compound the problem we’ve started on verti-draining of the greens, each to then have a dressing applied, and of course a temp in play as each is done. Just what I need given my 6ft and under putting was top drawer on Saturday and I’ll need my short game to be good in the match as I’m giving 10 shots to a bloke currently regularly playing 42+ Stableford pt golf 🙄

Hold up, are we supposed to go for shoe fittings as well now? I can't keep up.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Man up and get it done!

Good luck in your match

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hold up, you've not been fitted for your shoes? ;)
Are we talking full fitting - trying different insoles, types of spikes etc or just the standard American Golf type fitting of trying a few off the shelf brands and taking the shop assistant's view of which ones are the best?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Are we talking full fitting - trying different insoles, types of spikes etc or just the standard American Golf type fitting of trying a few off the shelf brands and taking the shop assistant's view of which ones are the best?

I'm talking the leather down to the laces my friend! :ROFLMAO:

Never go to American golf for a fitting, their shoe fitters arent great. Find yourself a good pro with experience in fitting ;)