Golf Random Irritations

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Golf. For 3 weeks now any ability to produce a clean strike has completely disappeared, along with my chip and run. The only thing keeping me in the game is my chipping and putting.

These last two rounds the woods are starting to behave but today in the 40 mph winds every putt lipped out, and my chipping went on holiday to duff city. To say I cut one miserable, frustrated figure out there today is the understatement of the year.

Before I go out tomorrow I'll pay a visit to the range which will be totally pointless as I'll absolutely stripe it from ball one as I have on every other visit these last few weeks but duff it off the first tee as I have these last few weeks.

Regards

Mr Frustrated. (frustration = no punctuation);)

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Joined a club two years ago with a group of people (we were all members at a previous club that got taken over and we didn't like the way things were going) and we try & play most weekends.
However, the ones that I play the most with are leaving and going to a new club - the new club is not that much more convenient for them (apparently further away), is more expensive & there's a joining fee (but apparently does drain better & seems more progressive in terms of making positive changes, whereas the current club is a bit stuck in their ways and the person that owns it doesn't really do that much).
I can't afford the change of club (as it wouldn't be cost effective) and the journey would be much worse for me but I feel irritated that my playing partners are naffing off (not sure if it's random though).

Teebs

Visit site
Joined a club two years ago with a group of people (we were all members at a previous club that got taken over and we didn't like the way things were going) and we try & play most weekends.
However, the ones that I play the most with are leaving and going to a new club - the new club is not that much more convenient for them (apparently further away), is more expensive & there's a joining fee (but apparently does drain better & seems more progressive in terms of making positive changes, whereas the current club is a bit stuck in their ways and the person that owns it doesn't really do that much).
I can't afford the change of club (as it wouldn't be cost effective) and the journey would be much worse for me but I feel irritated that my playing partners are naffing off (not sure if it's random though).

Not based in York are you?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The new Golfbidder website........
Maybe I was too used to the old one but the new one just seems to take dozens of steps to get to look at something.....
It sucks, what were they thinking of?

I don't know if I missed it but the old site had the specs of various clubs which was handy if you want to look up lofts etc. I can't find that on the new site, looks as if the facility has gone.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It sucks, what were they thinking of?

I don't know if I missed it but the old site had the specs of various clubs which was handy if you want to look up lofts etc. I can't find that on the new site, looks as if the facility has gone.

I only had a quick look
I think it's much better if you know what you're looking for but maybe not if you're just window shopping /browsing

sjw

Visit site
The old golfbidder filters were awful. You got different options depending on which order you selected them. The new one is much better.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Losing my Scotty Cameron pitch mark repairer
I found one once many years ago on our course and forgot to hand it in and it wasn’t until a few years later I found it when clearing out my bag so I just kept it. Anyway the lad I now play with explained how he’d lost one and described it to the letter as fitting onto the cover etc. and when/where he suspected he lost it. I walked in a few days later and said is this your repairer and it was! I must’ve had it 8 years 😂😂😂

Reactions: sjw