Golf Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played 9 this evening.

Triple bogey on the first, then shooting level for the remaining 8 holes 🤦‍♂️.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Saturday‘s 18…objective #1 achieved. Though still messy, no Lucy Lockets and only one that felt close. And that is quite something for one such as I. Playing half set and with quite a few low on clubface or too ‘toey’ but I’m ok with that as that’s mostly by intent…and so objective #2 half decent score of 34pts - though tbh 2pts are essentially given to us through temp course shortening - so 32pts perfectly acceptable.

Last edited:

sjw

Visit site
Never been able to consistently hit my hybrid (or hit it at all, to be honest) but yesterday I chucked down a couple of extra balls and hit them as practice shots and made decent contact.

Next hole, I'm in a situation where I'd like to actually use said hybrid, and I top it, and then I'm still hybrid range, and I top it again!! :rolleyes: Put it back in the bag after that!

It's only a super cheap piece of junk, so I am tempted to pick up a "proper" club off eBay and give that a go at some point

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Never been able to consistently hit my hybrid (or hit it at all, to be honest) but yesterday I chucked down a couple of extra balls and hit them as practice shots and made decent contact.

Next hole, I'm in a situation where I'd like to actually use said hybrid, and I top it, and then I'm still hybrid range, and I top it again!! :rolleyes: Put it back in the bag after that!

It's only a super cheap piece of junk, so I am tempted to pick up a "proper" club off eBay and give that a go at some point

i was never able to hit a hybrid so i got myself a 7 wood

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I‘m not sure that you can blame the cheap club if you top it. 😆

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Why is it even in your bag if you can’t hit it? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Because so many other people hit them well, they make golf easier when you can hit them and like all delusional golfers we hope that some miracle will happen and we will turn up today blessed with the key swing change that suddenly makes them work. We don't know how this will happen but maybe it just will :LOL:

sjw

Visit site

Meh, it's not heavy to push on the trolley :LOL:

I‘m not sure that you can blame the cheap club if you top it. 😆

I won't be told by a canary what I can and can't do ;) No, but there is no motivation to practice with it because even the good shots aren't great. It sits funny behind the ball (even my coach said that) and I'd just be interested in trying to fill that gap between 3 wood and 5 iron properly

Because so many other people hit them well, they make golf easier when you can hit them and like all delusional golfers we hope that some miracle will happen and we will turn up today blessed with the key swing change that suddenly makes them work. We don't know how this will happen but maybe it just will :LOL:

Exactly this - in fact I did figure out what the swing change was for those two decent shots! ;) but seriously I think I don't keep my weight forward enough because I have no faith that the ball will get off the ground from looking at the club at address, so I try and lift it up. Time for a new club! :p

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
i was never able to hit a hybrid so i got myself a 7 wood
I was despairing over my inability to hit my nice new G425 4H and that it was one big mistake, but though it’s taken me nearly 18months of perseverance and pain, I think I’m getting there.

TBH I was thinking similar about all my G425 and i210 clubs other than my wedges, it’s just taken a lot of time and effort, as well as perseverance and pain, to get to a point that I feel I’ve reached more solid ground with them.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m looking for new 54 and 58 degree wedges - probably the cbx 2’s to match my 50 degree one

not many about and those that are on eBay are described as “demo clubs” when they’re clearly fitting clubs with some sellers trying to hide the adaptor in the photos

Silvermere golf have them on special…. Apparently 😉

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Green keepers not putting tee markers back level or square to target…. Why?

The wear on the tee is worse, it slows play down as you have to retee the ball when you realise you’re a foot in-front of the line and if not spotted you’re aiming straight in the cabbage.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I was despairing over my inability to hit my nice new G425 4H and that it was one big mistake, but though it’s taken me nearly 18months of perseverance and pain, I think I’m getting there.

TBH I was thinking similar about all my G425 and i210 clubs other than my wedges, it’s just taken a lot of time and effort, as well as perseverance and pain, to get to a point that I feel I’ve reached more solid ground with them.

Were you fitted for them?
If you were then I'd be asking questions.

If not then it backs up what I say about most golfers' ability to adapt to whatever clubs are in their hands. Although I wouldn't expect it to take 18 months!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I have a problem with my right knee, possibly needing surgery and have a support to help.

Put then support on this a.m. but there was a slight problem. I put it on the left knee!

Done this before a rugby game before. Got the physio to strap my knee then stood up and realised I'd got her to do the wrong one 😂 she wasn't happy at a) the waste of tape and b) the waste of 5 mins of her time with a room full of others to strap.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Make that 'proper' club a 7 wood ...................................... you're welcome. (y)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Getting to the club early, having a great, unitterupted knock, until the 13th. Got stuck behind two doddery fourballs who started on the 10th. No offer to let me though. Missed 16and 17, played 18. Somehow felt empty. Words will be had.