Golf Random Irritations

venger

Visit site
The group of old boy regulars trying to get others to start on the 6th tee (next to the 1st) and "queue jump" so they could have the first few holes to themselves.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
The Wind today was brutal, my face actually felt burnt it was that strong 😂😂
My inability to hit irons into greens, I’m actually on the fairway most of the time giving me great opportunities ☹️☹️

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Inverness, It was a last minute decision to go out.
Been a while since I’ve played in that conditions, just difficult to judge anything.
Was warm enough once I got going.
Forgot my battery for my trolley as well 😂
A trolley to day was a hinderence most of the time, Robert had his rain hood on the bag and it acted like a sail down wind🤣

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Bloody course is half frozen again....
Just played 9 and 1 green and tee were solid at 2.30 and another couple of greens solid 1cm down....
Medal tomorrow will probably be NQ
sad-title-image_tcm7-179953.jpg

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Starting off great only for my game to fall apart after 6 or 7 holes.

This has been a recurring thing for the last few weeks. I have no idea what's causing it, but it's driving me nuts.

Today is a case in point. Went to the practice ground for a warm-up/confidence boost before playing. Must have hit 60 balls, 90% of them hit really well, the rest ok (fats, but direction ok). Right thru the bag from hybrid to gap wedge.

Go out on the course. Hit one bad shot holes 1-6. Pars and bogies. Happy with that.
On the 7th, hit an ok drive, but duff my second. Duff my 3rd. Scramble a bogey.
8th, hit another ok drive. Then duff my second. Then shank my third. Then shank my 4th. Pick up.
9th horrible slice off the tee. reload, duff it. Pick up.
10th horrible hook drive. Shank second. Wild 3rd into trees. Hack out. Shank 4th. Pick up, go home in foul mood.

That's a bit of an extreme example, but sadly not that untypical.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Starting off great only for my game to fall apart after 6 or 7 holes.

This has been a recurring thing for the last few weeks. I have no idea what's causing it, but it's driving me nuts.

Today is a case in point. Went to the practice ground for a warm-up/confidence boost before playing. Must have hit 60 balls, 90% of them hit really well, the rest ok (fats, but direction ok). Right thru the bag from hybrid to gap wedge.

Go out on the course. Hit one bad shot holes 1-6. Pars and bogies. Happy with that.
On the 7th, hit an ok drive, but duff my second. Duff my 3rd. Scramble a bogey.
8th, hit another ok drive. Then duff my second. Then shank my third. Then shank my 4th. Pick up.
9th horrible slice off the tee. reload, duff it. Pick up.
10th horrible hook drive. Shank second. Wild 3rd into trees. Hack out. Shank 4th. Pick up, go home in foul mood.

That's a bit of an extreme example, but sadly not that untypical.
Stop going to the range and using up all your good shots 🤓

Jason.H

Visit site
Slow playing partners in today’s competition. I mentioned on the 4th tee we’d lost 2 holes but no effort was made to catch up. In fact i think their pre shot routines actually took longer. It’s been a long time since I got annoyed over slow play.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’m looking for new 54 and 58 degree wedges - probably the cbx 2’s to match my 50 degree one

not many about and those that are on eBay are described as “demo clubs” when they’re clearly fitting clubs with some sellers trying to hide the adaptor in the photos

Mandofred

Visit site
I’m looking for new 54 and 58 degree wedges - probably the cbx 2’s to match my 50 degree one

not many about and those that are on eBay are described as “demo clubs” when they’re clearly fitting clubs with some sellers trying to hide the adaptor in the photos
I've got a 50+54 CBX2...I like them. I have a Ping 60 with 6 bounce when I want a really soft or high shot. I was thinking about replacing them this spring...but I think I might go another year. Trying to talk myself into or out of a new Ping 430 5+9 wood at the moment. Stupid amount of money....