Golf Random Irritations

Teebs

Visit site
Placing an order at a well known Internet Golf shop and then seeing that they've not processed it for 9 days (after a chasing email from myself).

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After 4/5 weeks of duff weather which caused course closures and lots of days with temp greens, the weather is now improved. Course dries out and main greens back in play, green staff are now doing maintenance and will be putting us on temp greens whilst they do. ??

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
People on BRS buggering about. Had 5 notifications of tee times for guys I don't know on days I'm playing elsewhere, as they have added me I can't cancel the times.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
People on BRS buggering about. Had 5 notifications of tee times for guys I don't know on days I'm playing elsewhere, as they have added me I can't cancel the times.

I was getting this all the time, as me and the old man have the same name, only a subtle difference in them, had to keep emailing him his tee off times ??

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Umbrella holders on stand bags. Surely there's a better design than a piece of pull cord and a thing tube to slide the brolly down. Mine always comes loose.

NearHull

Visit site
We had instances where members have deliberately entered other names, knowing full well that they won’t be playing that day, in order to ‘reserve’ a two or three ball.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We had instances where members have deliberately entered other names, knowing full well that they won’t be playing that day, in order to ‘reserve’ a two or three ball.
I think that's the case. Had an email from one of my group this morning and he'd had the same. There 12 of us that play in the Saturday comps and we are both winter members, so you are spot on that's what happening. These guys have spotted this and put us in to block the times, then add the other names in the last minute

sjw

Visit site
I think that's the case. Had an email from one of my group this morning and he'd had the same. There 12 of us that play in the Saturday comps and we are both winter members, so you are spot on that's what happening. These guys have spotted this and put us in to block the times, then add the other names in the last minute

That's very frustrating and something that could be solved so simply. Big oversight on the developer's part there

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I've bitten the bullet with my distance loss issues and booked a lesson for a week today - with a new pro!

One miserable weekend of golf ahead and we move forwards again hopefully!

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
Worm casts and other clods of mud around the greens. Getting sick and tired of my ball resting up against these lately, they don't seem to fall under the umbrella of loose impediments either.

No idea how to play these shots just take a pitiful stab and hope for the best.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Our 6th green steadfastly refusing to dry out...in fact it's still not thawed out enough to change the hole....
It is a bit sheltered but it needs to get it's act together!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Playing today and seeing a group members playing off the grass tees rather than the mats.

Their excuse was “as trolleys are allowed we thought the full course was open”

D

Deleted member 15344

The poor reporting about Bale playing in the Pro Am

Talksport talking as if he is playing as a pro and that he was “7 under”