Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Nelly Korda has signed with Taylormade...
That's not the irritation.
"I signed with TM because of their proven ability to elevate the game of the best golfers in the world"
I think we all know that, at Pro level, the make of clubs that you use doesn't make much difference.... it's how much you're being paid for it....just be honest....

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
"I signed with TM because of their proven ability to elevate the game of the best golfers in the world"
I think we all know that, at Pro level, the make of clubs that you use doesn't make much difference.... it's how much you're being paid for it....just be honest....

But I thought Nike equipment ruined Rory’s game? ?

Mandofred

Visit site
Yep, I agree. But.....if she said she was only playing TM because they gave her a truck full of money.....well, they don't really want somebody being honest....they just want her to tell everybody how much she likes TM. I can understand that.....gotta keep the sponsors happy.

venger

Visit site
Decided to try a quick 9 holes before an afternoon appointment, completely forgetting that the "Old Farts" society plays on weds, driving range it is then

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couldn't play last weekend due to waterlogging, now with the temperature drop I wouldn't be surprised if the course is frozen this weekend. So much for getting plenty of golf in before the baby arrives. :cautious:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Waking up this morning 7.30, checked course status - no buggy ban for the first time in 2 weeks.

9 am it stated to snow - course closed.

Teebs

Visit site
I'm looking to arrange a mini trip for May. I've emailed 2 clubs to arrange tee times and neither have responded. Come on folks, do you want my money or not?

I've worked out that Golf places (most shops, courses and ranges) don't like email, even if they have an email address. Surely responding to an email is better than multiple phone calls?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've worked out that Golf places (most shops, courses and ranges) don't like email, even if they have an email address. Surely responding to an email is better than multiple phone calls?
It's 2023, who wants to speak to a person :LOL:? Email is so much better, quicker, more efficient, creates a trail........I don't understand businesses, yes golf clubs that includes you, that don't operate using email or social media communication at the very least. The clubs that haven't joined the modern way of communicating must be missing out on bookings time and time again.

Last edited:

Teebs

Visit site
When my customer calls me and talks for 30 minutes, I always end the call and say, "great, can you send that on email".
Verbal comms are useless for traceability in agreement of commercial contracts.
I'm still awaiting my Golf Club to respond from last week on some Membership details that I want in black & white.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Out head green keeper posts on Twitter ever morning with course status in winter it's also on the club members pages, as are the 9 hole and range. Nairn Dunbar do the same.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Course reopened today after being closed for the last 10 days. Thought I'd go up and have 9 holes before tomorrow's regular game.

Whizzed round the front 9 in an hour, so decided to get a few more in. All was going well until the 12th. It's a slightly elevated tee, however the markers were about 15 yards in front of the handful of steps. Hit my drive, went to walk off the tee box, slipped on a muddy patch, and jarred my back.

It didn't feel too bad so i carried on and ended up playing 16 holes.

Been home for a couple of hours, and it has seized up. Hoping a long soak with Epsom Salts followed by Voltarol will help.

MACM85

Visit site
Booked a fitting with Srixon at their centre of excellence at the Hertsmere for their new irons. Pre order for them is this Friday for a release on March 1st.

Had a call yesterday from them to advise they won't be getting the fitting kit until the start of March. How can a company not have the infrastructure in place to get the stuff out to retailers and fitting centres but happy to get orders and ship them out. They are already released in the USA and Australian market.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Course reopened today after being closed for the last 10 days. Thought I'd go up and have 9 holes before tomorrow's regular game.

Whizzed round the front 9 in an hour, so decided to get a few more in. All was going well until the 12th. It's a slightly elevated tee, however the markers were about 15 yards in front of the handful of steps. Hit my drive, went to walk off the tee box, slipped on a muddy patch, and jarred my back.

It didn't feel too bad so i carried on and ended up playing 16 holes.

Been home for a couple of hours, and it has seized up. Hoping a long soak with Epsom Salts followed by Voltarol will help.

I hope your back is OK. My mate did the same at our place when we played last week and I did the same yesterday at Milford. Fortunately we were both OK. Seems to be a particular hazard this time of year.