Golf Random Irritations

Irritated that the rain continues…and so the course has to be closed - but relieved (if not actually glad) that all Winter Comps have today been suspended for the time being and until course has had a chance to dry out a bit.

sjw

The amount of marketing freebies given away to all forms of media when new products are released.
Just watched a short video where TM have not only sent a new Stealth driver but the box also includes a Bluetooth speaker and a rangefinder plus some balls.
To be fair to the recipient, they have said that most of the goodies are used as prizes or giveaways or donated to charities but the cost of those goodies gets added to the cost of the club in the long run...multiply that by the number of clubs they give away..it's going to add up to a tidy sum..
It's no wonder we're having to pay 500 quid for a driver.
A few goodies given to reviewers is what's forcing the price of drivers up? LOL

Thread starter #5,823

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
A few goodies given to reviewers is what's forcing the price of drivers up? LOL
I would love to know how many items of 'free' stock are given away by some of the big companies each year
I. E Adidas or Taylormade

The former wouldn't surprise me if it were well over 100k units just from the golf division (maybe nearer 500,000) ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Coming 3rd in our roll up and winning £10.

My irritation is I beat 4th place on count back and that meant he got to draw the yellow ball. £169 in the pot and 5 balls - he only went and won it! His 2nd £100+ win in 2 years.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Nelly Korda has signed with Taylormade...
That's not the irritation.
"I signed with TM because of their proven ability to elevate the game of the best golfers in the world"
I think we all know that, at Pro level, the make of clubs that you use doesn't make much difference.... it's how much you're being paid for it....just be honest....

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
"I signed with TM because of their proven ability to elevate the game of the best golfers in the world"
I think we all know that, at Pro level, the make of clubs that you use doesn't make much difference.... it's how much you're being paid for it....just be honest....
But I thought Nike equipment ruined Rory’s game? ?

banjofred

Yep, I agree. But.....if she said she was only playing TM because they gave her a truck full of money.....well, they don't really want somebody being honest....they just want her to tell everybody how much she likes TM. I can understand that.....gotta keep the sponsors happy.

Decided to try a quick 9 holes before an afternoon appointment, completely forgetting that the "Old Farts" society plays on weds, driving range it is then

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Couldn't play last weekend due to waterlogging, now with the temperature drop I wouldn't be surprised if the course is frozen this weekend. So much for getting plenty of golf in before the baby arrives. :cautious: