Golf Random Irritations

I'm looking to arrange a mini trip for May. I've emailed 2 clubs to arrange tee times and neither have responded. Come on folks, do you want my money or not?
I've worked out that Golf places (most shops, courses and ranges) don't like email, even if they have an email address. Surely responding to an email is better than multiple phone calls?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
I've worked out that Golf places (most shops, courses and ranges) don't like email, even if they have an email address. Surely responding to an email is better than multiple phone calls?
It's 2023, who wants to speak to a person :LOL:? Email is so much better, quicker, more efficient, creates a trail........I don't understand businesses, yes golf clubs that includes you, that don't operate using email or social media communication at the very least. The clubs that haven't joined the modern way of communicating must be missing out on bookings time and time again.

Last edited:
When my customer calls me and talks for 30 minutes, I always end the call and say, "great, can you send that on email".
Verbal comms are useless for traceability in agreement of commercial contracts.
I'm still awaiting my Golf Club to respond from last week on some Membership details that I want in black & white.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
Out head green keeper posts on Twitter ever morning with course status in winter it's also on the club members pages, as are the 9 hole and range. Nairn Dunbar do the same.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Course reopened today after being closed for the last 10 days. Thought I'd go up and have 9 holes before tomorrow's regular game.

Whizzed round the front 9 in an hour, so decided to get a few more in. All was going well until the 12th. It's a slightly elevated tee, however the markers were about 15 yards in front of the handful of steps. Hit my drive, went to walk off the tee box, slipped on a muddy patch, and jarred my back.

It didn't feel too bad so i carried on and ended up playing 16 holes.

Been home for a couple of hours, and it has seized up. Hoping a long soak with Epsom Salts followed by Voltarol will help.

Booked a fitting with Srixon at their centre of excellence at the Hertsmere for their new irons. Pre order for them is this Friday for a release on March 1st.

Had a call yesterday from them to advise they won't be getting the fitting kit until the start of March. How can a company not have the infrastructure in place to get the stuff out to retailers and fitting centres but happy to get orders and ship them out. They are already released in the USA and Australian market.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Course reopened today after being closed for the last 10 days. Thought I'd go up and have 9 holes before tomorrow's regular game.

Whizzed round the front 9 in an hour, so decided to get a few more in. All was going well until the 12th. It's a slightly elevated tee, however the markers were about 15 yards in front of the handful of steps. Hit my drive, went to walk off the tee box, slipped on a muddy patch, and jarred my back.

It didn't feel too bad so i carried on and ended up playing 16 holes.

Been home for a couple of hours, and it has seized up. Hoping a long soak with Epsom Salts followed by Voltarol will help.
I hope your back is OK. My mate did the same at our place when we played last week and I did the same yesterday at Milford. Fortunately we were both OK. Seems to be a particular hazard this time of year.

banjofred

I've been thinking about getting a Ping 425 9 wood through Snainton. Finally decided today to order one......all gone now. Poop.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
The number of people with trollies on our course yesterday after we had been asked* not to use them if possible, and to stay on the paths.

* The club not making it carry only because of a small group people who complain about everything.

banjofred

Soap opera at the course yesterday. I almost went in early to play with the swindle, but I'd already played 3 of the last 4 days before that. Glad I didn't.....surprise frost put everybody back on temps. The stink was the greens chairperson going out and telling the group in front of them to move the pins on to the regular greens. Lots of different stories flying around....seems it will cause some people to argue about what happened over the next few days.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Daft advertising. Just had an email saying I can "take my game to the next level" - wouldn't mind if it was for clubs as that's fairly typical, but somehow I doubt that buying a £65 polo shirt is going to improve my game much. ?

Voyager EMH

Plucker of Pheasants
Daft advertising. Just had an email saying I can "take my game to the next level" - wouldn't mind if it was for clubs as that's fairly typical, but somehow I doubt that buying a £65 polo shirt is going to improve my game much. ?
Absolutely right there.
Nothing less than a £195 shirt will improve your game.
You've got to buy the best if you want to be the best. :unsure: