Golf Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The number of people with trollies on our course yesterday after we had been asked* not to use them if possible, and to stay on the paths.

* The club not making it carry only because of a small group people who complain about everything.

Mandofred

Visit site
Soap opera at the course yesterday. I almost went in early to play with the swindle, but I'd already played 3 of the last 4 days before that. Glad I didn't.....surprise frost put everybody back on temps. The stink was the greens chairperson going out and telling the group in front of them to move the pins on to the regular greens. Lots of different stories flying around....seems it will cause some people to argue about what happened over the next few days.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Daft advertising. Just had an email saying I can "take my game to the next level" - wouldn't mind if it was for clubs as that's fairly typical, but somehow I doubt that buying a £65 polo shirt is going to improve my game much. ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Daft advertising. Just had an email saying I can "take my game to the next level" - wouldn't mind if it was for clubs as that's fairly typical, but somehow I doubt that buying a £65 polo shirt is going to improve my game much. ?
Absolutely right there.
Nothing less than a £195 shirt will improve your game.
You've got to buy the best if you want to be the best. :unsure:

NearHull

Visit site
Buggies are currently not allowed at our place. I've seen two individual ones out in the past few days.

I’m in great danger of setting off the old debate but………we believe that if the course is open for carrying, then buggies have to be allowed to ensure that there isn’t a breach of the Equality Act 2010.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m in great danger of setting off the old debate but………we believe that if the course is open for carrying, then buggies have to be allowed to ensure that there isn’t a breach of the Equality Act 2010.
Not true .
Taken from EG golf buggy policy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230130_091216_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    Screenshot_20230130_091216_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 30

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Finishing yesterday round I had 150yrds (7i) to the 18th green and hit it weak/right into greenside bunker (mighty frustrated) Just a casual round with now’t on the line & since it was the 18th I decided to give it another go

I have never hit an iron as pure as that 2nd attempt. It went soaring right on line to land softly with a couple of yards of roll to sit 3’ from the pin... but it was the strike & trajectory was just so pretty to watch, can’t stop mulling it over… why didn’t I do that first time :oops:

Newtonuti

Visit site
Finishing yesterday round I had 150yrds (7i) to the 18th green and hit it weak/right into greenside bunker (mighty frustrated) Just a casual round with now’t on the line & since it was the 18th I decided to give it another go

I have never hit an iron as pure as that 2nd attempt. It went soaring right on line to land softly with a couple of yards of roll to sit 3’ from the pin... but it was the strike & trajectory was just so pretty to watch, can’t stop mulling it over… why didn’t I do that first time :oops:

There's one single correct answer to that question: Golf.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have a roll up each week and one guy forgets to book on BRS and there are no slots available. He always turns up and just plays as we tend to go out in 3’s or 4’s.