Golf Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Were you fitted for them?
If you were then I'd be asking questions.

If not then it backs up what I say about most golfers' ability to adapt to whatever clubs are in their hands. Although I wouldn't expect it to take 18 months!
I was fitted - thing is at the same time as the new clubs I am changing the swing path I have played for over 40yrs, from very strongly In2Out to Out2In.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played in our Wednesday roll up team game 2 scores to count. We were a 3 ball all the other groups were 4s, we did get a slight advantage in that we get full handicap and the 4s were 3/4, but were were the lowest combined handicap. We were steady on the front 9, but really good on the back 9. We had two eagles and 11 birdies on the back 9...we thought we would have a great chance of the win... first 4 ball best our score by 5 points🤣🤣🤣

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
played in a comp on saturday and the scores still haven't been posted as apparantly there is an issue with the software the club uses and the pro is trying to sort it out

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Skycaddie.

Discontinued my Linx watch, and invite me to buy a replacement.

They then have a fault (convenient) with the update facility..and my device stops working. Their customer service folk came out with some odd things about faults on various browsers. Several calls, several hours wasted.

So, about 10 days later, try again. Call helpline, no help at all.

I try a few IT tricks myself, and I get it sorted. Goodness knows what they were telling me.

Next time, buy a Garmin!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I'm watching hole 10, one of the featured holes on the PGA Tour, so I can escape the Tiger love in on the main channel. So they decide to show Tiger teeing off on the 1st.

If I wanted a Tiger fest I'd watch the main channel.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Blowing a gale all night, went over just in case, only 4 of us turned up, finally made the decision to head out as the wind had dropped to just 40mph, but just as we all got up to get ready it started raining heavily, wind I can take but not lashing it sideways. So we all headed home. As I got back here the wind has completely died off☹️😂