Golf On Course Snacks

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What do you all pack into your bags then?

Looking for some healthy options for my next round...

I will often eat before hand, depending on tee off time and maybe have snack (normally chocolate bar) to keep me going on the back 9.

Look forward to hearing your snack recommendations!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh dear. This will open up the chickpea & courgette energy bar versus the deep fried chocolate whale argument again. Not to mention the "it's only a walk, you don't need anything brigade".

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
You want to avoid anything particularly sugary, you'll just crash energy wise.

Bananas, mixed nuts, protein bars, whole meal bagel with pb&j and water.

I actually make make a protein drink, recipe as follows:
1 scoop unflavoured whey protein
1 scoop reflex the bomb

as you can probably tell, my other hobby is the gym...

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a load of nonsense. You only get a sugar crash if you have sugar when you glycogen stores are depleted. Which is never for 99% of us. You do get a suden spike in blood sugar but the body uses insulin to sort that out. Having worked in sports nutrition all my life i can tell you the body is amazing and something like a mars bar isn't going to crash you out

Berger

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Bananas, mixed nuts, protein bars, whole meal bagel with pb&j and water.

I actually make make a protein drink, recipe as follows:
1 scoop unflavoured whey protein
1 scoop reflex the bomb

as you can probably tell, my other hobby is the gym...

Isn't a bagel with peanut butter and jam loaded with sugar / carbs? Some of those protein bars are the same.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
What a load of nonsense. You only get a sugar crash if you have sugar when you glycogen stores are depleted. Which is never for 99% of us. You do get a suden spike in blood sugar but the body uses insulin to sort that out. Having worked in sports nutrition all my life i can tell you the body is amazing and something like a mars bar isn't going to crash you out

Whatever!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Isn't a bagel with peanut butter and jam loaded with sugar / carbs? Some of those protein bars are the same.

Yes thay are all full of sugar. This clown said you'll get a sugar crash and then says he uses "reflex the bomb" which is a pre workout formula laced with caffeine and animo acids designed to open your blood cell and increase blood flow and adrenaline production. Just what you need when playing golf ey!