Golf club for beginners- Woking area

blueboy1905

Visit site
Hi there,

My first post.

Living in the Woking area of Surrey I am spoilt for choice in terms of local golf clubs, albeit many of which are highly exclusive and expensive.

I am a relative beginner and as Spring approaches am looking to take up golf lessons.

In terms of venue for these lessons, I would like to learn at a club which has a community of fellow 28 handicappers, providing a platform for me to play semi-regularly with others of a similar standard new starters.

I wonder if there may be anyone out there from the Woking area who may be able to offer me any advice or guidance in this respect ? Happy to PM if easier ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
You might want to check out the Get Into Golf initiative. Sounds right up your street if there's a programme on for you locally. Google is your friend.

Other than that, I'd phone round all the local clubs and driving ranges and ask if there are any group lessons on the go. That means you'll meet a few others who are in a similar position. Cheaper too!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hi there,

My first post.

Living in the Woking area of Surrey I am spoilt for choice in terms of local golf clubs, albeit many of which are highly exclusive and expensive.

I am a relative beginner and as Spring approaches am looking to take up golf lessons.

In terms of venue for these lessons, I would like to learn at a club which has a community of fellow 28 handicappers, providing a platform for me to play semi-regularly with others of a similar standard new starters.

I wonder if there may be anyone out there from the Woking area who may be able to offer me any advice or guidance in this respect ? Happy to PM if easier ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

My club does a great academy for beginners http://www.royalascotgolfclub.co.uk/membership/golf-academy-membership.html

Plenty of high handicappers in our Saturday roll up and it's about having a laugh and very welcoming to new comers

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
West Byfleet have something like that where its a bunch of group lessons geared at beginners and then a discount off the first years subs when joining. Not sure of the specifics at all