GM Top 100 courses

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
The latest rankings are in this months magazine. Good to see Murcar, Tandridge and Broadstone in there, but the likes of Loch Lomond, Wentworth, Bearwood Lakes and Centurion have been excluded as they are exclusive clubs.:eek:

Looks like GM are keen on Trumps courses. Turnberry is number 1 and Trump International in Aberdeen is 8th.

Let the discussions begin.;)

Oh and if you don't agree with any of the rankings blame Drive4Show.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting. I have Muirfield #1 and the Ailsa #2 on the list of courses I've played but that was before the changes at Turnberry so I can believe it's overtaken Muirfield now.

Could you list the top ten?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Interesting. I have Muirfield #1 and the Ailsa #2 on the list of courses I've played but that was before the changes at Turnberry so I can believe it's overtaken Muirfield now.

Could you list the top ten?
It does look stunning, but I still find it hard to believe it is better than Royal County Down.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
evening all
the full 1-100 list will be released online on December 7 and we will be doing another live forum Q&A session plus a Facebook Live broadcast on the same day.
Until then it's magazine only - I'd ask readers to refrain from posting chunks of the list - i.e. 1-10 or indeed an image of the full list list online please
Subscribers will have it today/tomorrow. Goes on general sale on Thursday. Free 2017 calendar featuring some amazing images by Kevin Murray and a £25 YourGolfTravel voucher
Here endeth the sales pitch!

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got my copy today and it has prompted me to log in for the first time since H4H to look for this thread. I realised I've played 3 of the top 10 and all of them were on forum meets! In fact, not all but the vast majority of the top 100 that I've visited were through the forum :D

And having played it on this year's Aberdeenshire trip, pleased to see Cruden moving up the list. I'd go back to that one at the drop of a hat.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Got my copy today and it has prompted me to log in for the first time since H4H to look for this thread. I realised I've played 3 of the top 10 and all of them were on forum meets! In fact, not all but the vast majority of the top 100 that I've visited were through the forum :D

And having played it on this year's Aberdeenshire trip, pleased to see Cruden moving up the list. I'd go back to that one at the drop of a hat.

I hear you, Ben.

I have a few above Cruden (not many) as "better" courses, but in terms of rattling good fun, I think Cruden might be my fave.

TamG123

Medal Winner
Visit site
I haven't had the chance or the money to play some of the top 10 courses but I do like to see how each course is ranked every two years from GM. I must say it did surprise me to see Muirfield at No 2 but that is the opinion of the assessors. I would love to have the chance to play Trump Turnberry, just need to get saving!

On a personal note, being an ex-junior member of Cruden Bay, I was delighted it had moved up 13 places! I visited the course recently (only a flying visit to show my wife the trophy I won as a junior :D) and even just looking at the course from the clubhouse I could tell the course was in amazing condition (Two weeks ago, although they will be on winter greens and mat play now). I am now desperate to go and play it again!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting that Tandridge has made it in, and I'm not surprised given how highly it is thought of by Mike in particular (I hope I'm not misremembering?). However, I played it in July and played Crowborough Beacon a week later, and I must say I preferred Crowborough.

Perhaps it's because I played Tandridge the wrong way round (back 9 first) and therefore had the highlights too soon in my round.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting that Tandridge has made it in, and I'm not surprised given how highly it is thought of by Mike in particular (I hope I'm not misremembering?). However, I played it in July and played Crowborough Beacon a week later, and I must say I preferred Crowborough.

Perhaps it's because I played Tandridge the wrong way round (back 9 first) and therefore had the highlights too soon in my round.

I'm not 100% but I don't think Mike can have an input? Is this whole thing not done but some what independents giving reviews?