general play score

Yogidog1

Visit site
Hi all,hope you are enjoying good weather golf this week,can someone tell me if you want to put around in general play to count towards handicap(wether it high or low)do you have to put it in on My england golf or howdidido ?I played 18 holes yesterday and when trying to enter on howdidido before we teed off, it wouldn't let me enter as aqualifier but put all scores in and signed at the end with my playing partner .Please adise.All answers appreciated.Have a good all.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure about Howdidido but it's pretty simple to do it in the MyEG app so I would always use that for general play. If I was going to bother putting a GP card in.

IanMcC

Visit site
People seem to have more trouble at our course with the HDID/ClubV1 app than the Wales Golf one. Almost all regular contributors use the Wales Golf app. Your verifier has to be registered on the app as well, however, or it wont work.

wjemather

Visit site
Hi all,hope you are enjoying good weather golf this week,can someone tell me if you want to put around in general play to count towards handicap(wether it high or low)do you have to put it in on My england golf or howdidido ?I played 18 holes yesterday and when trying to enter on howdidido before we teed off, it wouldn't let me enter as aqualifier but put all scores in and signed at the end with my playing partner .Please adise.All answers appreciated.Have a good all.
From a rules perspective, you can use either. However, HowDidiDo requires the club to have enabled General Play sign-in (i.e. pre-registration) and score entry; the same applies for any touchscreens.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The thing about usng the EG app is that the marker must also have the app.

I now nothing about HDID we have IG and the situations is similar with the IG app.

If the marker does not have the Apps we use the PSI screen and the card has to be returned to the office.