First Competitive Win

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played my first comptetitive Rabbits match last night and managed to win 4 and 2. Betterball 9/10's at Hollins Hall, which was in absolutely fantastic condition, with a 22 handicapper against 19 and 20 players.

Both played really well and dove tailed brilliantly on all holes apart from the 1 which was the 11th. Drove the ball better than I have done in months/years and my putting secured us holes which was pleasing as the greens were lightening and in very tricky positions.

Halfed the 1st, 1 down after the 2nd, halfed the 3rd, won the 4th and 5th, halfed the 6th, lost the 7th but from the 8th we never looked back. It was interesting to see your opposition when the pressure was on and how they reacted. We played great as a pair, as did they but we just managed to hit a decent shot in or make a putt when they didn't.

Read on here sometimes about quiet opposition players or players that didn't engage but these 2 were brilliant, chatting all the way round which made it such a great match.

Still buzzing from the win, great feeling even if it was only a rabbits match but felt that parts of my game came together just at the right time. I was a bit nervous playing as a 26 handicapper in a competitive match from the club but felt like I held my own and we deserved the win.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Awesome mate, nice shooting.
Regular PP and me played in a pairs matchplay comp earlier in the year, we were 5 down after 7 or 8, our opponents were chirpy as owt for the first 9 holes.
Got to AS on 14, 2 up on 16, and ended up winning, they never said a word the whole back 9 :D

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Awesome mate, nice shooting.
Regular PP and me played in a pairs matchplay comp earlier in the year, we were 5 down after 7 or 8, our opponents were chirpy as owt for the first 9 holes.
Got to AS on 14, 2 up on 16, and ended up winning, they never said a word the whole back 9 :D

These lads were great, we both hit really good tee shots on the par 3 15th, pp just outside gimme range and they were both in tricky positions but on the green. They hit there putts and were still 10 feet away on a tricky green, each had another stab at it but both short so just handed us the hole. They seemed to do everything right with my no fuss, no bad sportsmanship etc. Really good guys which made it a great round.