Films that disappoint

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
John Wick. Finally gave into the hype, but after 40 minutes I watched reruns of MASH instead.

A few years ago we watched the Oscar biggest hits of that year. Shape of Water, Phamtom Treat, Live of Pi, 3 Billboards. That were a few ruined Saturday evenings in a row.

D

Deleted member 1147

John Wick. Finally gave into the hype, but after 40 minutes I watched reruns of MASH instead.

A few years ago we watched the Oscar biggest hits of that year. Shape of Water, Phamtom Treat, Live of Pi, 3 Billboards. That were a few ruined Saturday evenings in a row.
Life of Pi is a good book

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm with Bunkermagnet on this; No Time To Die was, for me, the worst of the Daniel Craig Bond films by a street, and Bunkermagnet's description has nailed it. Biggest waste of time in a cinema I have spent for a long while, and I say that as someone who thinks that Daniel Craig is the best Bond since Sean Connery.
totally agree Rich - i am the biggest bond fan and was utterly and totally disappointed by this complete borefest - Craig looked bored sh**tless acting it, the plot was utterly moronic and... there was no saving grace. The acting of others was also v poor. Worst bond film for years

D

Deleted member 1147

totally agree Rich - i am the biggest bond fan and was utterly and totally disappointed by this complete borefest - Craig looked bored sh**tless acting it, the plot was utterly moronic and... there was no saving grace. The acting of others was also v poor. Worst bond film for years
Bonds are hard to rate.

My favourite Bond actor was Connery, but 2 of my favourite films include Octopussy and The Spy who loved me. Yet Roger Moore certainly isn’t my preferred actor.

D-S

Visit site
“The Untouchables” really hasn’t aged well, saw it again a few months ago, some of the hammiest acting you could possibly imagine. No idea how Sean Connery got an Oscar for it.
Also just rewatched Trading Places, not the belter I remember.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bonds are hard to rate.

My favourite Bond actor was Connery, but 2 of my favourite films include Octopussy and The Spy who loved me. Yet Roger Moore certainly isn’t my preferred actor.

I also live both those films wven though Moore is notbthe perfect bond

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember going to watch Blair Witch…the hype from the States was that people were fainting and throwing up in the aisles. I was really excited about it!
What a crock ?☹️?
Blair Witch Project has long been my benchmark of awfulness. All visits to the cinema are rated against it. Not yet found a rival ...

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Lost in Translation - Bill Murray, worst film I ever saw. o_O
ti
In my top 10 films of all time, but then I tend to like Bill Murray in most of what he does, and have spent a lot of years travelling to and living in Japan, so the film resonates a lot with me.

Three Billboards is an excellent film, Shape of Water was pretty good too.

As has been said above, a subjective matter, and as the ever wise Dalton once said "opinions vary". I think my opinion on a particular film can be heavily influenced by the mood I'm in at the time of watching, I also think it's influenced by the era I grew up in. I tried to watch the new Dune a week or two back, didn't last 10 minutes before I switched it off, not even sure I want to try again. I never bothered with Matrix 2 & 3. can't see myself going for 4 either, but I loved the first John Wick, and was quite happy to sit through 2 and 3.

To answer the original post

Fight Club
The Usual Suspects

Both switched off long before the end.

Edit:
Inception, total bore fest and not got passed the first half hour in three attempts.

Last edited:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Insomnia - a "thriller" set in some land of the midnight sun where it never gets dark. From the early 2000s if i remember.

The baddie had done the robbery/murder/whatever (can't remember which) before the story started. The cop chasing him knew who had done it, the baddie knew the cop knew, the audience knew who done it. Terrible all round.

It got great write ups from all the critics who were hailing it a masterpiece in tense cinematography, etc but was just awful