F1 2024

Swango1980

Visit site
Well, the race might have been dominated by one driver for most of it, but it was such a better watch when it was at least dominated by a different driver than normal.

Great result for Sainz. Let's hope Ferrari aren't ditching the wrong driver.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I was going to comment but put the brakes on as I realised it might be a spoiler.
I make a point of avoiding this thread until I've seen the race. Anyone who doesn't is asking for trouble and deserves little sympathy.

As for the race (having now seen it)...
Alonso seems to have returned to his old disingenuous ways, which is a shame because I've been warming to him the last couple of years. To claim that his brake test on Russell was a slight misjudgment is difficult to accept. He's absolutely world class, one of the greatest drivers in history. He admits that he was trying to slightly change his entry & exit, but getting it as wrong as he did isn't the mark of someone with as much talent as him. Had to be deliberate.

Swango1980

Visit site
I was going to comment but put the brakes on as I realised it might be a spoiler.
On fairness, when I posted I first wondered would many not have swwn the race yet.

But, then I quickly reasoned, if you hadn't seen the race and didn't want any spoilers, you tend to stay off news websites or even Facebook just in case you see something. So, you definitely wouldn't go on to a forum thread titled F1 2024

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On fairness, when I posted I first wondered would many not have swwn the race yet.

But, then I quickly reasoned, if you hadn't seen the race and didn't want any spoilers, you tend to stay off news websites or even Facebook just in case you see something. So, you definitely wouldn't go on to a forum thread titled F1 2024

Yes I normally have the news on Sunday mornings but that was not going to happen for the same reason.

Funnily enough though I was wide awake at 4.30 and had it on record so watched it in the early hours. I did fall asleep towards the end but the commentators bursting out about Russell woke me up so it was watch the end and back to bed.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
It's still rumour and conjecture, he has 1 more year to go. Likely they would not let him join a team for next season. Even in my job I have a 1 year no competition clause in it.

I think there must be more going on behind the scenes he is not happy with.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Depends on why he is leaving. I’m sure he has had advice from very good lawyers.

Can’t wait for him to join Lewis at Ferrari!