F1 2022

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Aston Martin only found guilty of, essentially, filling in some forms incorrectly.

Eyes on FIA for the reaction, however, the guy in charge used to work for Red Bull, so the big brushes to sweep it all under the carpet will be out. Unless they come down relatively hard, a lot of teams will just start overspending and hope the results mean any penalty will be negligible

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
From the moment Red Bull started overspending last year, any new part was illegal so the cars should have failed scrutineering and been DQ'd.
The FIA won't have the balls to enforce that, though.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Re the “ punishment “ for Red Bull,This is the top comment on the BBC Have your say. Sums it up perfectly for me.

Quote:
imagine the uproar if a 100m runner failed a drugs test but paid £1000 to keep his gold medal and 1st place.

The FIA to F1 is what VAR Is to football.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re the “ punishment “ for Red Bull,This is the top comment on the BBC Have your say. Sums it up perfectly for me.

Quote:
imagine the uproar if a 100m runner failed a drugs test but paid £1000 to keep his gold medal and 1st place.

The FIA to F1 is what VAR Is to football.
My issue is not necessarily with the penalty, is more about the lack of any remorse nor sniff of a Red Bull apology. Red Bull are playing the victim despite them being the only team that were caught with their trousers properly down. Not too dissimilar to the Conor Benn drugs test fiasco, where its not his fault at all, he says....

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
My issue is not necessarily with the penalty, is more about the lack of any remorse nor sniff of a Red Bull apology. Red Bull are playing the victim despite them being the only team that were caught with their trousers properly down. Not too dissimilar to the Conor Benn drugs test fiasco, where its not his fault at all, he says....
Exactly and my thoughts are they did even more that was not discovered.

Jason.H

Visit site
What was most surprising about this year was how well Ferrari started. Le Clerc seemed to lose his mojo thanks to strategy blunders. I wonder if next year will be more of the same.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, was a dull one. Are Ferrari going backwards?

They were experiencing engine issues during practice sessions, so imagine they 'turned it down' for reliability sake.

Mexico normally brings a few engine issues, so surprised to only see ALO have to retire. Mexico also seems to provide a drab race...it's not great viewing at all. Probably means they'll extend the contract for another 5 years

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to watch F1 religiously, but when one guy wins nearly every race in the season it just becomes a bore fest. Not just this season, but previously also when Hamilton was winning most of the races.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cracking race in Brazil. Well deserved win.

Nice to see that the new world champion* still has all the class of a fresh steaming :poop: on top of a wedding cake.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Cracking race in Brazil. Well deserved win.

Nice to see that the new world champion* still has all the class of a fresh steaming :poop: on top of a wedding cake.

It’s been a cracking weekends racing all round.

Shame Lewis got taken out as we could have had a closer battle for the front. But, it’s a great to see George get his first win and a nice Mercedes 1, 2.

Max once again showing his true colours. Like his father and his team’s senior management. Utterly classless.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s been a cracking weekends racing all round.

Shame Lewis got taken out as we could have had a closer battle for the front. But, it’s a great to see George get his first win and a nice Mercedes 1, 2.

Max once again showing his true colours. Like his father and his team’s senior management. Utterly classless.
The guy is a total dick. Great to see george get his first win. Can't believe le clerc wanted the team to get sainz to give up 3rd place, another knob.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Interlagos always seems to deliver! Another enjoyable race, great result for Mercedes and George in particular.

Leclerc and Verstappen just showing the selfishness at the core of pretty much all F1 drivers.

Swango1980

Visit site
Always enjoy Brazil. May be my favourite race, but also like Canada and Silverstone.

Pity Mercedes have only really shown this pace now. Would have been interesting to see how things would have panned out if they improved earlier in season, and if Ferrari had done better to hang in there.

I suspect Hamilton was happy to come home in second place in the end, the 1-2 would have been huge for the team after such a long time being poor. Brilliant weekend from Russell, the sprint race really set things up for him.

Verstappen is clearly bigger than Red Bull, and he knows it. Has Perez ever helped Verstappen out? Didn't Perez drive superbly to slow down at Hamilton last year at Abu Dabi, purely to assist Verstappen in his title charge?

I hope Perez never helps Verstappen again, and steps up a notch to directly challenge him next year.