F1 2022

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tomorrows announcement won’t change anything. Everything will be brushed under the carpet.

something along the lines of a fine and reduced wind tunnel time. Yawn.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tomorrows announcement won’t change anything. Everything will be brushed under the carpet.

something along the lines of a fine and reduced wind tunnel time. Yawn.
I'm not so sure, I can see this becoming extremely messy if the likes of Ferrari Merc and Mclaren feel they have been put at a major disadvantage and the punishment is too lenient. The FIA might need some decent lawyers waiting in the wings...

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On a different note that was another wet joke today. Pirelli must wonder why they bother manufacturing full wets:rolleyes: THose tyres can shift 85 litres of water per second, there is nothing that will clear a wet track quicker than an F1 car. So instead of sitting in the pit lane hoping the weather clears, send them out under VSC conditions so they don't bump into each other, at 5 second intervals to allow the spray to clear a bit, and drive round and round for a while. Sorted, lets go racing and get a decent distance race on.

4LEX

Visit site
F1 is a toxic mess. This is the first season I've not watched a single race after the disgrace of last season. Not surprised to see more cheating from RB. Theres just no point to it at the moment, a waste of time.

Swango1980

Visit site
But you still care enough to comment on a forum?:unsure:
Have you seen the LIV thread? There are plenty of people that clearly have no interest in watching LIV at all, but they write book loads of comments on how bad it is.

It is the sort of thing that happens in many forums. People complain about what they do not like. Not every thread is made up of people just saying how wonderful that particular subject is.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Have you seen the LIV thread? There are plenty of people that clearly have no interest in watching LIV at all, but they write book loads of comments on how bad it is.

It is the sort of thing that happens in many forums. People complain about what they do not like. Not every thread is made up of people just saying how wonderful that particular subject is.

Theres a reason the random irritations thread has 4 times as many posts in it than the things that gladden the heart thread, even though it was started a year later.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Oh dear, last years infringements over expenditure rolls into this years.
Watch this space for nowt to happen.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
As has been widely reported over the last few weeks, the FIA have confirmed that both Red Bull and Aston Martin were in breach of the spending cap for the 2021 season.

The breach in Red Bull's case is a minor breach. The FIA have not published a figure but the rumour is it is around £1.8m over. No punishments have yet been announced.

Aston Martin's breach was also minor.

Swango1980

Visit site
If the FIA were to determine it was a major breach, it would look very bad for the FIA as well. The team of their new hero (Max Verstappen) caught breaking the rules after his second Championship win. As such, I'm sure they made every effort to ensure only a minor breach was ever announced, and they can simply apply a slap on the wrist.

I wonder if it will encourage other teams to overspend in the future?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the FIA were to determine it was a major breach, it would look very bad for the FIA as well. The team of their new hero (Max Verstappen) caught breaking the rules after his second Championship win. As such, I'm sure they made every effort to ensure only a minor breach was ever announced, and they can simply apply a slap on the wrist.

I wonder if it will encourage other teams to overspend in the future?

Whether it's a Minor or Major is based simply on the amount of overspend. It is deemed to be Minor if it's less than 5% of the budget cap.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are people so blind to think that it is just Red Bull and Aston Martin at it and the rest are squeaky clean? They will all be ‘bending‘ the rules here and there to offset spending and claiming it is for something else. Just as football clubs use things like image rights to try and claim they are within the Financial Fair Play rules.

Swango1980

Visit site
Are people so blind to think that it is just Red Bull and Aston Martin at it and the rest are squeaky clean? They will all be ‘bending‘ the rules here and there to offset spending and claiming it is for something else. Just as football clubs use things like image rights to try and claim they are within the Financial Fair Play rules.
So, are Red Bull and Aston Martin just the idiots that were caught?