F1 2024

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think the next few weeks could be very interesting with all the goings on and rumours coming out of RB, although I'm not sure even a full on team implosion would be enough to stop Max winning every race this year

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Think the next few weeks could be very interesting with all the goings on and rumours coming out of RB, although I'm not sure even a full on team implosion would be enough to stop Max winning every race this year
From what I can work out:
- Horner and Marko hate each other and one needs to go
- the majority Thai owners back Horner so isn’t going anywhere
- Marko has Max’s support so isn’t going anywhere

I can imagine the atmosphere is delightful!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From what I can work out:
- Horner and Marko hate each other and one needs to go
- the majority Thai owners back Horner so isn’t going anywhere
- Marko has Max’s support so isn’t going anywhere

I can imagine the atmosphere is delightful!
It was interesting yesterday to hear Max say say if Helmut goes so does he.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
It was interesting yesterday to hear Max say say if Helmut goes so does he.
That's just crap though, Max knows if he goes he aint winning any more championships in the recent future. He needs to tell his old man to shut up and let him win the next 2 world championships so he is on 5 otherwise he is gonna be a Seb Vettell and leave and win nothing as it currently stands

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
That's just crap though, Max knows if he goes he aint winning any more championships in the recent future. He needs to tell his old man to shut up and let him win the next 2 world championships so he is on 5 otherwise he is gonna be a Seb Vettell and leave and win nothing as it currently stands
I'm no Verstappen fan by a long way, but I think you're underestimating how talented he is as a driver.
Sergio is hardly a bad driver, and he's nowhere near Max in the same car.
Yes, perhaps the Red Bull is built specifically to Max's preferences, but I can't imagine it would make THAT much difference.
Stick Max in this year's Ferrari and I reckon he would beat anyone else in the Red Bull - except possibly Lewis, Fernando or Charles.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The Redbull is a rocket ship. And they aren’t even racing it at its maximum potential.

Word on the street is Jos wants Max in the Mercedes seat as they think they have by far the best engine for the new 2026 regs.

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm no Verstappen fan by a long way, but I think you're underestimating how talented he is as a driver.
Yes, perhaps the Red Bull is built specifically to Max's preferences, but I can't imagine it would make THAT much difference.
Stick Max in this year's Ferrari and I reckon he would beat anyone else in the Red Bull - except possibly Lewis, Fernando or Charles.
I suspect Red Bull conveniently dampen down Perez's car to stop their 2 drivers getting too close.

If they didn't, at best they'd take points off each other. At worst, they take each other out of races.

I think they have learnt from the carnage that unfolded at times with Vettel and Webber.

Besides, having one absolute dominant driver probably does more for marketing than 2. Most people care about the best driver, so if one really stands out, the team is automatically associated with that.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
more or less all the drivers in the field would win races in that red bull, its miles ahead.

However, I do agree that verstappen is an excellent driver, and he thinks he’s even better. So I don’t doubt for a moment that he’d back himself he raced in a different car.

When the new engine regs come in for 2026, I’d want to be driving in a manufacturer team. Merc or Ferrari surely in the best place to dominate?

Red bull are great at aero, but when it comes to power units, it’s not in their control in the same way.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
more or less all the drivers in the field would win races in that red bull, its miles ahead.

However, I do agree that verstappen is an excellent driver, and he thinks he’s even better. So I don’t doubt for a moment that he’d back himself he raced in a different car.

When the new engine regs come in for 2026, I’d want to be driving in a manufacturer team. Merc or Ferrari surely in the best place to dominate?

Red bull are great at aero, but when it comes to power units, it’s not in their control in the same way.
That's 2 seasons away, a lot can happen in that time adn anyone would be stupid to look a gift horse in the mouth. There are plenty of top drivers who have there few championships condensed to a single period and then never win it again, best Verstappen thinks about that, it's not normal to win multiple titles with multiple teams

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
That's 2 seasons away, a lot can happen in that time adn anyone would be stupid to look a gift horse in the mouth. There are plenty of top drivers who have there few championships condensed to a single period and then never win it again, best Verstappen thinks about that, it's not normal to win multiple titles with multiple teams
Max has already won this year even if the team fall apart. And probably next year too if he stays at Redbull.

But, if Helmut goes it will be very interesting to see if Max has the stones to follow through on his threat to leave too.

Mercedes will have him in a heartbeat which will probably lead to either Alonso or Sainz at RB for a season.

The driver merry go round will be more interesting than the racing.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Max has already won this year even if the team fall apart. And probably next year too if he stays at Redbull.

But, if Helmut goes it will be very interesting to see if Max has the stones to follow through on his threat to leave too.

Mercedes will have him in a heartbeat which will probably lead to either Alonso or Sainz at RB for a season.

The driver merry go round will be more interesting than the racing.
Helmet is 80 he is not going to be around forever

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Craig Slater is a moron and should not be allowed to speak on F1 ever again, just because. Just seen him on Sky News, useless presenter talking rubbish