F1 2024

D

Deleted member 15344

Not much to see here in that race. Roll on 2026.

Because of lack of other sport I thought would watch it for the first time in while and despite the commentary team trying their best it wasn’t great , guess it must take a while to get used to hearing those engines though - must be a hard watch for the hardcore F1 fans

What’s happening in 2026 ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Because of lack of other sport I thought would watch it for the first time in while and despite the commentary team trying their best it wasn’t great , guess it must take a while to get used to hearing those engines though - must be a hard watch for the hardcore F1 fans

What’s happening in 2026 ?
We’ve had these engines for 10 years.

2026 will see a new set of regulations.

Redbull aren’t even running at full pace and Max won the race by a bigger margin than last year.

Given the tweaking of the rules we saw from the FIA when Mercedes were winning (despite Ferrari running them close), I’m surprised something wasn’t done for this year to try and bring Redbull back to the others. Might as well give Max the trophy now.

Liberty Media will surely be worried about the number of viewers dropping.

Swango1980

Visit site
When we turn up to golf for socials, we throw balls in air to pick groups and pairs.

Should do that in F1. Do an FA Cup type draw where drivers are randomly picked a car to drive for each race.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another season and already looking like a race for 2nd in the championship. The new rules next year really needs to shake things up as it can't be good long term for the F1 brand to have such dominance every year

Asian Dawn

Visit site
I enjoy the Netflix series but the actual races are just garbage processions. I've been watching Indy Car for the last three years and it's light years beyond F1 in terms of excitement. The cars are pretty equal, the tracks are a mixture of ovals, street circuits and normal race tracks and the tactics involving pit stops are way better. And forget DRS, push-to-pass makes for a lot more tactical nous.

Then again, the first episode of next year's series, "Tell me what you want what you really really want" is going to be a cracker.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I feel sorry for Geri in all of this.

I don't follow F1 too closely but according to older Colch Jnr, Horner was still married to his ex wife when he started his relationship with Geri. If that's true then I've got very little sympathy for her. If he's prepared to cheat on his wife with you then you can't be surprised if he marries you and is prepared to cheat on you with the next floozy in the line.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Started to watch the F2 this morning ( nothing else on ) and the noise form those is awful , what’s that whistling
Watched that last night for the first time, quite entertaining, closer racing and plenty of overtaking, and bit of argy bargy. Pit stops were different with only 6 mechanics allowed, meaning one guy has to attend each wheel for both on and off.
Commentators mentioned the whistling, said it was the air flow under / around the cars.
Comparing it to F1 is a bit like comparing MotoGP to Moto2 or Moto3, the top level of most sports are streets ahead of the ‘feeders’.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting piece on Jos V point of view re Horner. If Horner stays, expect to see Red Bull implode and MVS at Mercedes.
Jos is quite a controversial character, been a bit of naughty boy in the past. He should be keeping a low profile. What a lot of people don’t know is Max’s mum was a go kart champion in her own right.