F1 2024

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's all kicking off with drivers
The race engineers are up for it too! 😁

With the team principals goading them on!! Thwack!
🤛
Pow!
🤜
Bop!
👊
Ooof!

🤣🤣🤣

Swango1980

Visit site
I enjoyed that yesterday. And the race still highlights what I've always thought. Max Verstappen is quick. But, if anybody else is quick enough to put him under pressure, he is a liability. He'd sooner run them off the track than let them overtake.

Would be lovely to see Norris and McClaren keep up this pace, make F1 interesting again.

And good to see Russell capitalise

NearHull

Visit site
I enjoyed that yesterday. And the race still highlights what I've always thought. Max Verstappen is quick. But, if anybody else is quick enough to put him under pressure, he is a liability. He'd sooner run them off the track than let them overtake.

Would be lovely to see Norris and McClaren keep up this pace, make F1 interesting again.

And good to see Russell capitalise
Verstappen’s movements when under attack are a bit suspect. Lando’s comments were not very friendly despite ( reputedly) being friends.
As a Mercedes supporter, I did laugh when they came together.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Verstappen’s movements when under attack are a bit suspect. Lando’s comments were not very friendly despite ( reputedly) being friends.
As a Mercedes supporter, I did laugh when they came together.
But if Verstappen continues with this policy when under attack will the race stewards actually do anything. If other drivers used these sort of tactics there would be drive through penalties. Will be interesting to see in the next race what he does under pressure

D

Deleted member 29109

But if Verstappen continues with this policy when under attack will the race stewards actually do anything. If other drivers used these sort of tactics there would be drive through penalties. Will be interesting to see in the next race what he does under pressure
They haven’t in the past, no reason to think they will now.

The rule about moving in the breaking zone was introduced because of Max.

This sums it up perfectly.

crdb

Visit site
Time & time again Max will defend aggressively, move in the braking zone and push people off track, can't stand being challenged.

Good on Norris for giving it a go where others would back out! Sky sports did a good bit on previous moments where max is involved & its pretty clear who is at fault!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They haven’t in the past, no reason to think they will now.
Precisely the reason why Max thinks he can get away with it.

Previous leniency has led him to develop this aggression. Fingers crossed McLaren show mega pace at Silverstone and can keep challenging him and putting him under pressure. Doesn't help he is almost fluffed by Red Bull leadership saying that Max did nothing wrong.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Norris is pushing and baby verstappen is getting all Schumacher about it .
Can't wait to see the boot on the other foot when Norris gives him a Dnf at Silverstone.
The crowd are going to be very vociferous where verstappen is concerned and rightly so.
Verstappen was the same when he started out , he caused a lot of ill feeling in the pits as he was being far too overly aggressive.
It doesn't help the daddy verstappen sticks his oar in all the time either .

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The rule about moving in the breaking zone was introduced because of Max.
You sure about that? I'm not 100% certain, but I thought that rule predates Max by quite a long time.
Doesn't help he is almost fluffed by Red Bull leadership saying that Max did nothing wrong.
Yes. It's because Red Bull never told him he was wrong way back in his early years that he's developed this attitude. You'd have thought that the mega crash at Silverstone in 2021 might have made him think twice, but apparently not.

Swango1980

Visit site
You sure about that? I'm not 100% certain, but I thought that rule predates Max by quite a long time.

Yes. It's because Red Bull never told him he was wrong way back in his early years that he's developed this attitude. You'd have thought that the mega crash at Silverstone in 2021 might have made him think twice, but apparently not.
Maybe someone will check this for sure.

But, it is almost exactly what Anthony Davidson said when analysing the situation on Sky Sports yesterday. He said that rule was brought in specifically because of Max's driving

D

Deleted member 29109

Yes. There was a rule about weaving previously. But the one about moving in the breaking zone was especially for Max.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Well worth 5 mins. Anthony clarifies that the rule about moving under braking also was brought in because of Max too

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the things it did show was that a 10 second penalty for causing a collision is not severe enough.

They should adopt the Indy car penalty of a drive through the pit lane one.

D

Deleted member 29109

One of the things it did show was that a 10 second penalty for causing a collision is not severe enough.

They should adopt the Indy car penalty of a drive through the pit lane one.
Especially when it appeared Max tried to hit Lando again after their initial contact.

Should be at least an immediate 1 race ban.