Eden/Strathtyrum tournaments at St Andrews

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Tom, if I get in I'll be driving & have a boot specially built to take three trollies & bags :thup:
I'm based north of Bishop's Stortford so could pick you up on the way. Will let you know next week if I've made the cut
I'm currently in the process of looking for transport to St Andrews for the tournament. Probably going to be the train, don't have a car available for the whole week and a long way to drive on my own anyway. Don't suppose anyone else will be getting the train? Could meet up if going on the same route.

TomRogers147

Hacker
Visit site
Tom, if I get in I'll be driving & have a boot specially built to take three trollies & bags :thup:
I'm based north of Bishop's Stortford so could pick you up on the way. Will let you know next week if I've made the cut

Thanks very much for the offer. Yes hopefully you get in - they've closed it for entries now so should find out where you are on the waiting list soon. Although I think you maybe a bit of the way down the list.

Looks like you are a member of the Gogs too?!

D

Deleted member 17920

Glyn the website stayinStandrews is very good , you put you requirements in and then people email you with availability, I have used them both last year and this.
Cheers Louise.

I am booking a cottage for Gary and Dan and myself.

Way better value than some rooms I have seen.

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Got the dreaded email. Languishing at #48 so no chance of getting in. yes, just joined last week. Playing my first Medal on Sat so probably relinquishing my Cat. 1 status by next week :rolleyes:
Thanks very much for the offer. Yes hopefully you get in - they've closed it for entries now so should find out where you are on the waiting list soon. Although I think you maybe a bit of the way down the list.

Looks like you are a member of the Gogs too?!

D

Deleted member 17920

Got the dreaded email. Languishing at #48 so no chance of getting in. yes, just joined last week. Playing my first Medal on Sat so probably relinquishing my Cat. 1 status by next week :rolleyes:
I see the ballot was 3.8 ish in the end.

48th reserve isn't looking good is it?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
The ladies cut off was 9.0, the same as last year, I would have been in 24th place on the reserve list so it is a good job I was in the first 40.

TomRogers147

Hacker
Visit site
Booking for the practice round(s) opens next week. Does anyone fancy doing it with me?

And can you do one on each course or do you have to choose? I have played the eden before so would go for the New if that's the case.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Booking for the practice round(s) opens next week. Does anyone fancy doing it with me?

And can you do one on each course or do you have to choose? I have played the eden before so would go for the New if that's the case.

You are fine to book a round on each course as long as there are enough spaces :thup:

D

Deleted member 17920

Gordon,

Is it a mad scramble for the practise rounds?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Hi Glyn

Yeah it can be but you should be fine to book 2 rounds if you can get an early time for the morning round. The afternoon tends to be much quieter and you also have longer evenings up there. If you can only manage 1 round then I would go for the eden as it has a few 'unusual' holes. You really need to see the greens on the 1st/2nd, the line off the tee on the 3rd, layup area on the 7th and the runoff around the green, 8th hole (designer must have been on drugs!) and the hidden runoff area front right of the 11th green. The rest of the course is pretty much visible as you play it. Worst case try to at least walk both courses though as there are blind shots on the New as well.

D

Deleted member 17920

Hi Glyn

Yeah it can be but you should be fine to book 2 rounds if you can get an early time for the morning round. The afternoon tends to be much quieter and you also have longer evenings up there. If you can only manage 1 round then I would go for the eden as it has a few 'unusual' holes. You really need to see the greens on the 1st/2nd, the line off the tee on the 3rd, layup area on the 7th and the runoff around the green, 8th hole (designer must have been on drugs!) and the hidden runoff area front right of the 11th green. The rest of the course is pretty much visible as you play it. Worst case try to at least walk both courses though as there are blind shots on the New as well.
Cheers, we are going to try and play both courses on the Sunday. I think I shall book the AM times and I will get Gaz to book the PM times.

D

Deleted member 17920

I see you are 24th reserve now Mark.

Bet that jumps up in the next few weeks.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played practice rounds on both courses last year but I am only travelling up Sunday morning this time so just going to have a practice round on the New in the afternoon as I still have a good memory of the Eden. Happy to be added onto any tee time in the afternoon.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Dan - R1 10.06 Eden - R2 6.48 New
Glyn - R1 12.30 New - R2 9.12 New
Me - R1 10.15 New - R2 6.57 Eden

How much did you send them LQ?

At least the early start is Tuesday. :mad:

D

Deleted member 17920

Dan - R1 10.06 Eden - R2 6.48 New
Glyn - R1 12.30 New - R2 9.12 New
Me - R1 10.15 New - R2 6.57 Eden

How much did you send them LQ?

At least the early start is Tuesday. :mad:
Ah the benefits of been a double digit hacker :D

D

Deleted Member 1156

Glyn you are playing the New twice, tough draw as that is the more difficult course :whistle: