Eden/Strathtyrum tournaments at St Andrews

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17920

Booked a practice round on the New course today, have you others booked?

Forgot to book on Wednesday so we only manage to get later tee times.

At least Gaz gets a lie in and has a few hours to try and raise a smile before playing :D

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Delighted to report that I have qualified for the Strathtryum Salver matchplay, I was never going to get in the scratch knockout, so the handicap one was the one I as hoping for.

D

Deleted member 17920

Delighted to report that I have qualified for the Strathtryum Salver matchplay, I was never going to get in the scratch knockout, so the handicap one was the one I as hoping for.
Best of luck tomorrow Louise :thup:

Gary and myself will be having a rest day tomorrow as we didn't fancy the knockout stages :whistle:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
74 yesterday on the New in a decent wind and intermittent rain, hit the ball rubbish but somehow scored well. Sat somewhere in the 30's after day 1.

Today on the Eden in as sunny calm conditions as I imagine you ever get in this part of the world, my shoddy ball striking finally caught up with me in the last few holes and I signed for a 79 (with 6 penalty strokes) which on that course in those conditions is probably like a 90 anywhere else. 75 would have seen me qualify (countback dependant).
Finished in the low 100's to secure a day off with LQ.

Dan who came with us qualified with 72-71.

Good luck Louise :thup:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Unlucky guys but well done Louise!

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Eden course? I think it is very underrated with some really great holes. First 5 are all good along with 7th, 8th, 11th, 14th then 16 and 17. How did you all get on at the par 3 8th? Bit of an 'unusual' green :D

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm not saying it's a bad course, in fact I remember more holes from there than the New, but with little wind it really was there to make a score on.

The 8th I hit a good shot right at the flag but it pitched 4' past the hole and just ran off the back. That's a tough hole no matter what the wind! I reckon you have about 20' to land the ball in for it to stay on the green.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yeah, I've always found it easier when it's into the wind as the ball stops quicker. Last year it was playing downwind all week and the only way to play it was a long pitch and run then try to run the ball up the green. Anything landing on the top was straight over the back.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Unlucky guys but well done Louise!

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Eden course? I think it is very underrated with some really great holes. First 5 are all good along with 7th, 8th, 11th, 14th then 16 and 17. How did you all get on at the par 3 8th? Bit of an 'unusual' green :D

Played the Eden last Friday, after the Old on Thursday. Wasn't impressed with a couple of holes towards the end of the front nine, 7 & 8, but I thought the back nine, especially the finish was superb. 8 was playing downwind, and just held the back edge, but thought it was a nothing hole. 7 has a great green but the rest of the hole was meh.

D

Deleted member 17920

Well played guys! Good of you not to put pictures up for those of us who failed to make it up there. Enjoy the rest of your week in St. Andrews ⛳️️☀️

My iPad won't load pics but you would be gutted with the weather.

its been perfect for the whole week :D

Played the castle course today with Mr Cheerful, really enjoyed it and can't see what all the fuss is about the greens.

fantastic week so far.

Dan got beat in his 2nd round.

good luck tomorrow Louise.

D

Deleted member 17920

Played the Eden last Friday, after the Old on Thursday. Wasn't impressed with a couple of holes towards the end of the front nine, 7 & 8, but I thought the back nine, especially the finish was superb. 8 was playing downwind, and just held the back edge, but thought it was a nothing hole. 7 has a great green but the rest of the hole was meh.
Eden course has really surprised me, I really enjoyed it as I was expecting it to be very average.

Thought the 7th hole is nice but agree about the 8th.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site