Eden/Strathtyrum tournaments at St Andrews

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Right 👍 there's hope for the hackers then 😀 thought it was straight ballot

Jamie Melton into the semi's from my old club 👍 solid young player

Do you mean just into the competition in the first place?

120 are fastest finger first, and 120 are balloted.

Then top 64 gross into scratch matchplay and best 32 nett (excluding any that made it through gross) into handicap matchplay.

D

Deleted member 17920

Played in the stableford with Gaz on the Jubilee course.

quite impressed with the course although the wind was a tad breezy.

chomped it round in 34 and got a 0.2 cut. Mildly irritating as I could have had a decent cut today.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit of a shocker for me today, as well as I played the first two days was as bad as I played today.

The first 9 as close wit never more than one in it, more thanks to her 3 putting though, still one down after 12 with me getting a shot on the 13th, I pulled my drive a little into light rough but then hit a shocker and we couldn't find it so 2 down, on the next I carved my drive out of bounds and then pulled my second ball into rough and failed to find that so 3 down,, we both parred the next, but when I had 2 putts to keep the match alive on the 16th I took 3.

It was rather windy today so the Eden course was tricky, but I wish I had lost to someone playing well, rather tan lost because I played badly.

Still got the consolation Stableford on the Jubilee to look forward to tomorrow though.

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just found the thread for this. It looks like an awesome comp. Holiday already booked this year. It is in the diary for 2019 (hopefully)

D

Deleted member 17920

I won’t be entering this year as I can’t get the time off work.

Really did did enjoy it last year and hopefully will try and enter in 2019 subject to other things I have planned.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hmmm.....with no foreign hols booked for summer this year I may have some of this. Never played the Eden for donkeys years, was always a great course til they butchered it to make way for the driving range.

D

Deleted member 17920

Tempted. Ended up 6th on the Reserve list last year going into the week, so very disappointed to miss out. Will try again this year but my 4.9 H’cap will probably mean another missed cut for me :eek:ne:
Mark,

Even if you don't make the initial spaces and end up on the reserve list you will be a lot higher than last year and you should end up getting in.