Eden/Strathtyrum tournaments at St Andrews

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Louise I put an entry in for Sue, was refreshing the screen from 12:59 but the form didn't load until 13:01 according my PC and phone. Did you have the same thing?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Did you notice the entry has changed? Field is now 102 (down from 120) and first 40 get in followed by 62 via ballot. Used to be 60/60 split.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Ah OK, used to be 120 they must have changed it a couple of years ago then.

TomRogers147

Hacker
Visit site
I've entered the Eden tournament - the entry form didn't load until 1.02 so I only got mine in at 1.03. My handicap is 3.3 so hopefully I will scrape in through the ballot if not in the first 120 (?).

D

Deleted member 17920

I've entered the Eden tournament - the entry form didn't load until 1.02 so I only got mine in at 1.03. My handicap is 3.3 so hopefully I will scrape in through the ballot if not in the first 120 (?).
It took a while to load and even longer to submit.

I am not going to get in via the ballot so I am hoping I got my application in quick enough.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could end up being a mini forum meet if we all get in, although a few of us will be sweating when the names are published next week.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I had it all sorted how I was going to get it filled in quickly then bottled it under pressure. I reckon mine went in around 1.06 in the end.

D

Deleted member 17920

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES :whoo::whoo::D:D

Oh and well done Gaz as well ;)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
raw

D

Deleted Member 1156

Enjoy Glyn, Gary and Louise. You are in for a great week :thup:

TomRogers147

Hacker
Visit site
I am in too, very much looking forward to it.

Is anyone coming from the east of England area?

Also what are people doing for accommodation? I am looking at either a tourist hostel in the town of the university halls (will be doing it alone).

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am in too, very much looking forward to it.

Is anyone coming from the east of England area?

Also what are people doing for accommodation? I am looking at either a tourist hostel in the town of the university halls (will be doing it alone).

Last year I stayed in a B&B less than 5 minutes walk from the 1st tee of the Old Course.

TomRogers147

Hacker
Visit site
Have just booked myself seven nights in of the university halls (Macintosh hall, apparently less than 5 minutes walk from the old course!).

The plan is to try and play the old course on either the Saturday before or after the tournament (by queuing up at the crack of dawn, unless I can find someone to enter the ballot with). Now just need to book the travel...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Have just booked myself seven nights in of the university halls (Macintosh hall, apparently less than 5 minutes walk from the old course!).

The plan is to try and play the old course on either the Saturday before or after the tournament (by queuing up at the crack of dawn, unless I can find someone to enter the ballot with). Now just need to book the travel...

The halls are Ok if you are a single guy, though quite basic