Dress Codes - give us your views!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I love it that most are in favour of jeans in the club house, but ban trainers from any where? Me? I'm happy with jeans being banned, but don't get the hatred of trainers. I got thrown out of woodhall spa for wearing white, un logo'ed leather trainers, and yet I now have a pair of near identical Ecco streets, which in theory (I've yet to put this to the test!) are allowed in the club house.

I'd ban black socks and shoes with shorts.

I also don't get why most hate bright colours? Loud mouth, etc. if every one wore beige chinos, what a dull world we'd live in.

Trousers tucked into socks is a no in my view.

Never been sure why hats can't be worn backwards. So you look a jerk, but then you probably didn't need to use your head gear to announce it. However, why should some ones opinion of which way round it should be worn be more valid than someone else's?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its really simple for me.

Golf attire on the course, including the new trainer type golf shoes.
If the clubhouse has 2 distinct areas, then one should be smart casual and one relaxed formal. I don't use our clubhouse when I'm not playing as it would mean wearing the type of clothes that I don't usually wear and also i've usually got the kids with me.

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nice and simple... Golf attire on the course

Anything smart in the club house INCLUDING JEANS!

El Bandito

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It was posted earlier that it was not the dress code that was preventing people from joining Golf Clubs.

i am sure that there is not any ONE reason that people are not joining Golf Clubs, but I believe that the perception of Golf Clubs as stuffy old boy clubs full of pedants is an issue. The dress code is a very visible issue that those who do have this perception can point to. I moved from one club to another a year ago. I had organised a 'tester' round.

I arrived at the prospective club and read with interest the sign instructing me Not to change my shoes in the car park. I then got my briefing, all about what I could wear where, when I could wear a hat and where I might use my electronic communication device...oh and the first tee is over there.

such a warm fuzzy feeling.

frankly, none of the rules bother me a jot, it is a lovely course and I joined. However, when I hear the ruling clique (and I have never seen a members course without one) complaining that they can't understand why people won't join, I do point out that most places looking for my money put up welcome signs...not edicts on shoe changing...

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was posted earlier that it was not the dress code that was preventing people from joining Golf Clubs.

i am sure that there is not any ONE reason that people are not joining Golf Clubs, but I believe that the perception of Golf Clubs as stuffy old boy clubs full of pedants is an issue. The dress code is a very visible issue that those who do have this perception can point to. I moved from one club to another a year ago. I had organised a 'tester' round.

I arrived at the prospective club and read with interest the sign instructing me Not to change my shoes in the car park. I then got my briefing, all about what I could wear where, when I could wear a hat and where I might use my electronic communication device...oh and the first tee is over there.

such a warm fuzzy feeling.

frankly, none of the rules bother me a jot, it is a lovely course and I joined. However, when I hear the ruling clique (and I have never seen a members course without one) complaining that they can't understand why people won't join, I do point out that most places looking for my money put up welcome signs...not edicts on shoe changing...

I wonder who would get upset with someone changing their shoes in the car park? Dearie me.

Then again get a pair of those "trainer type" shoes and there would be no need to change. If they are muddy carry some of those blue slip overs that they use in clean room environments