Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Yes - but if too strict don’t play

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters

D-S

Visit site
When we played Blackwell last year in an Open naturally we abided by the dress code. None of us were as stupid as to wear long socks with shorts (why? just why?) so we wore trousers. The members ( there were a few playing in front of us) we saw on a very hot day looked the scruffiest out there with half untucked shirts and long black socks (I admit I judged them, harshly, but wouldn’t refuse them entry to any course I might be in charge of).
4 of them pushed in front of us on the first tee despite us being on time and the first tee time of an Open, the friendly secretary was very apologetic.
Whether they repaired their pitch marks or not or cheated I don’t know, even I am not that prejudiced/judgemental but I know we certainly won’t be going back.
Jacket and tie in the hot dining room for the included 1 course was a meal we decided to forgo.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No…I think that someone who knowingly disrespects a club’s dress code might well not bother with other aspects of respecting the club’s wishes. That’s all.

Rather than there being any link between an untucked shirt and an unraked bunker I suspect any potential link is more closely aligned with the outcome of the bunker shot, regardless of attire

Splash your shot out the bunker to come to rest overhanging the hole to go one-up on 17th in front of your mates and the bunker will be raked to within an inch of tour standard
Knife it out on your 3rd attempt towards long grass and good chance you’re out the bunker before the ball hits the ground

:p

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rather than there being any link between an untucked shirt and an unraked bunker I suspect any potential link is more closely aligned with the outcome of the bunker shot, regardless of attire

Splash your shot out the bunker to come to rest overhanging the hole to go one-up on 17th in front of your mates and the bunker will be raked to within an inch of tour standard
Knife it out on your 3rd attempt towards long grass and good chance you’re out the bunker before the ball hits the ground

…and perhaps also less likely to carefully put the rake back where the club asks 🤣😘

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Very possibly