Current handicap...who's responsibility?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
as stated in the thread, if you don't know the CSS then use the SSS and adjust accordingly.
But I could be wrong? The other day we thought my mate was potentially getting cut from 12 to 10 but as it turned out he stayed on 12! Ultimately I just turn up to play golf and my handicap is whatever my club/Howdidido says it is.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
But I could be wrong? The other day we thought my mate was potentially getting cut from 12 to 10 but as it turned out he stayed on 12! Ultimately I just turn up to play golf and my handicap is whatever my club/Howdidido says it is.

You can't be wrong if you follow the rules.

if you don't adjust it after shooting under SSS then you are definitely wrong.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What? :ROFLMAO: How about the one about changing my shoes in the car park?
It’s black and white. Shoot below SSS (if you don’t know CSS) and it’s up to you to adjust your handicap accordingly if you play in another comp before the result of the first one is published. If you don’t then you’ve played off an incorrectly high handicap and should be DQd.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s black and white. Shoot below SSS (if you don’t know CSS) and it’s up to you to adjust your handicap accordingly if you play in another comp before the result of the first one is published. If you don’t then you’ve played off an incorrectly high handicap and should be DQd.
Or maybe I haven't though? We don't know one way or the other. If I'm on 16.0 and shoot 37 points I could be cut to 15.7 or 15.4 depending on CSS. I wouldn't know either way would I?

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Or maybe I haven't though? We don't know one way or the other. If I'm on 16.0 and shoot 37 points I could be cut to 15.7 or 15.4 depending on CSS. I wouldn't know either way would I?
Are you at it? At least two of us have told you that you have to use SSS if you don’t know CSS and base your new handicap on that. It’s not hard so I’m going to assume you’re fishing.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

So you CAN work it out, so make sure you do so if necessary in future rather than deliberately cheating, there's a good boy ????

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So you CAN work it out, so make sure you do so if necessary in future rather than deliberately cheating, there's a good boy ????
It's not cheating, if anything it might be doing the reverse and cheating myself out of a shot. Now that would be annoying.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
But if I cut myself down to 15, play a round off of that and it turns out I should have been off 16, then I am the one who's been cheated. How's that fair?

The rules are not about being fair, they are about being equitable i.e. the same for everyone.

If you deliberately don't self adjust you're cheating.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not my opinion, it's the rules.

If you deliberately do not self-adjust you are a cheat.
I've never had to luckily. I thought it would happen recently when I had a match and I was due to go up to 17, but the results came out the day before it in the end so it was all good.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never had to luckily. I thought it would happen recently when I had a match and I was due to go up to 17, but the results came out the day before it in the end so it was all good.

You'll know for the future ??

P.S. You can only self-adjust down, not up.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
lol seriously? So a rule exists only to punish me for my club's laziness but doesn't benefit me in anyway. That's golf for you I guess.

Not to punish you, no, the rule is the same for everyone.

Look on the brightside, the rule goes away when the new WHS comes in.