Cooden meet 2022. Friday 24th June.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
So only a 5 club wind
I remember I played in a competition at Highwoods the week after, and mentioned to one of the guys I was playing with that we had played at Cooden in those conditions.
"Oh, you were one of them were you?" he replied, so obviously word got around that some loons were out playing that day.
Local legends I think we are...???

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If anyone fancies a nice meal the evening before, there is a great Italian in town called Picasso Express. Food is superb, as is the service, and it's not expensive. If you fancy it let me know and I'll book a table up. Alternative is an Indian at a place called The Shiplu.

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
1. Smiffy (Buggy)
2. Fish
3. Full Throttle (Buggy)
4. SteveW86
5. Dando
6. Chrisd
7. NeedMyWedge* (Buggy)
8. NeedMyWedge Guest* (Buggy)
9. Norrin Radd (Buggy)
10. PaddyC
11. Bratty
12. Dufferman
13. JustOne
14. Mark Bignell (Bratty's only friend)
15. Norman Porritt (Buggy)
16. LetitRip
17. Badger
18. Grizzly

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'll be posting up tee times and groups soon.
Just need to confirm final numbers with the club early next week and still waiting for a couple of players to confirm that they are attending.

Tonto

Visit site
As I said, I am sorry I can't make it.
I informed you as soon as I knew.
I was really looking forward to it, but life got in the way.
I don't appreciate the name calling, but it says more about you than me.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As I said, I am sorry I can't make it.
I informed you as soon as I knew.
I was really looking forward to it, but life got in the way.
I don't appreciate the name calling, but it says more about you than me.
That wasn't aimed at you, as you weren't the only one to pull out, but if the cap fits, by all means wear it
You informed me as soon as you knew?
Strange that "as soon as you knew" coincided with me sending you a pm asking if you were still attending.
It's begs the question of when you would have told me had I not asked if you were still coming? If today is the soonest you knew, that is an amazing coincidence.
I just get fed up of people who put their names down to attend and then require chasing up, only to be told they're no longer coming.
Try organising a large meet sometime. It's fun.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Easy number left then Rob
It is indeed.
As long as nobody else pulls out, we have 6x3 balls.
Individual Stableford in the morning, and team Stableford in the afternoon. Best score to count on the first 6 holes, two best scores to count on the following 6, and all three scores to count on the last 6.
£10.00 each in the prize pot, (if that's ok with everybody), will give us a prize fund of £180.00. £50.00 1st prize, £30.00 2nd and £20.00 3rd in the morning, with £60.00 to the winning team in the afternoon, £40.00 to second place team ...they can argue between themselves how they split £40.00 up between the three of them.....????

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
It is indeed.
As long as nobody else pulls out, we have 6x3 balls.
Individual Stableford in the morning, and team Stableford in the afternoon. Best score to count on the first 6 holes, two best scores to count on the following 6, and all three scores to count on the last 6.
£10.00 each in the prize pot, (if that's ok with everybody), will give us a prize fund of £180.00. £50.00 1st prize, £30.00 2nd and £20.00 3rd in the morning, with £60.00 to the winning team in the afternoon, £40.00 to second place team ...they can argue between themselves how they split £40.00 up between the three of them.....????

You’ll get more people signing up with such a healthy prize pot Rob.

£10 is fine with me.