47. Bratty
48. Bdill93
49. Bdill93's guest
50. TXL

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there a waiting list? Asking for a friend :geek:

Need to double check dates but I never got round to getting to Cooden first time round on the forum, might as well try and tick it off the bucket list if I can.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have some bad news.....

Despite emailing the club just after Christmas requesting additional tee times and a possible two tee start, I have only just heard back from them.
They are unable to offer me any additional slots over and above the eight I originally booked, due to it coinciding with their Captains weekend. So I have got to limit the places to 32. This isn't going to be easy, and there is nothing I can do unfortunately.
JustOne is a definite runner, as he has already made arrangements to travel up from Wales and visit us that week.
So that leaves 30 places........

D

Deleted member 15344

Hi mate - holiday and hotel has been booked at the moment and also giving someone a lift so if you can let us know what’s happening that would be great ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Despite emailing the club just after Christmas requesting additional tee times and a possible two tee start, I have only just heard back from them.
They are unable to offer me any additional slots over and above the eight I originally booked, due to it coinciding with their Captains weekend. So I have got to limit the places to 32. This isn't going to be easy, and there is nothing I can do unfortunately.
JustOne is a definite runner, as he has already made arrangements to travel up from Wales and visit us that week.
Rob,
I’ll give up my space for someone.

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
Rob,
I’ll give up my space for someone.

Rob,
Your the organiser WHATEVER you say/decide is ok with the 3 x of us. (HG, Robin and Guy).

Personally, I think the first 32 on the list are automatically in - if they send you the entry fee. After that you fill slots with reserves in the order they applied.

BUT - I would accept anything, any decision you make with good grace.

Cheers and keep us posted. Don’t sweat it too much, it’s not your fault the club have an event on that day. ?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hi mate - holiday and hotel has been booked at the moment and also giving someone a lift so if you can let us know what’s happening that would be great ?
I think the fairest thing I can do is offer the regular attendees first option and go from there. People like Full Throttle and Fish have played every year despite having to travel miles down from the Midlands.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With having no work for 4 months and waiting for Rishi’s holiday pay to come at some stage I will donate my space to help out. Cheers for the effort though Rob

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
“regular attendees” -

Have to say that’s disappointing to read that as it’s a closed shop and even more so when a forum member would get binned out for non forum members and banned forum members

I just hope my hotel is refundable as I’ll be £100 out of pocket.
I'm not going to stop regulars coming Phil. And whether Fish is banned or not, he's travelled miles every year to support this meet, and he's never missed out. You think it's fair I should ditch him for a first timer??

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Young fella, if need be I will give my place as it means not taking time off work, I will keep a eye out for the next time you organise it mate????

Dont envy your job in getting it down to the number needed mate, good luck ????

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Then out of respect and common courtesy to the forum it would be best if that was highlighted from the start that preferential treatment would be given to certain forumers and non forumers so that people like myself wouldn’t commit to reserving hotels and taking time off work ,

People shouldn’t be out of pocket and that’s potentially what is going to happen to anyone that has pre booked a hotel and paid for it
Here we go again.....
I had no idea that I was going to be limited on spots when I booked it, so had no reason at all to state that preferential treatment was going to be given out to "certain forumers" as you put it. And who the hell pays £100.00 in advance for a hotel booking? I've stayed in loads of hotels over the years and have never been asked to pay a deposit, let alone £100.00!! If the money is your problem let me know and we'll have a whip round for you. Everybody else has commented that they'll happily give up their spot, but not the man that could start an argument in a telephone box. Why was Fish banned? Why did I leave a WhatsApp group that I was invited to join? Spot the common denominator?? Fish will be welcomed with open arms. You? Do one, you melt.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
By the way. I've just checked all the decent hotels around here. I can book a room in any of them with no deposit, even the most expensive one. Funny that. And after organising meets for years on here, I know the hardest part of all is getting people to part with money. Yet Liverpool Phil has booked and paid for his hotel four months in advance. Wow, you're special, you really are.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Quite often when booking hotels there are different prices depending on the cancellation conditions. Usually more expensive if you go for a full refund option.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Am I allowed to comment as a non attending forum member?
I think it's wrong to criticise Smiffy for the change in the plans. It's not his fault the club have only advised him on the strict numbers. Organising things like this are fraught with bumps designed to trip the organiser up. Perhaps instead of criticising, how about you organise it yourself next time.

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Rob, I've not booked anything hotel wise, currently can't hit a cow's backside with a stringed musical instrument and haven't as yet renewed my membership. I'll stand down, no problem mate, you're probably doing me a favour. Hope it all sorts itself out. Take care mate.