Cooden Beach GC Forum Meet........................ Friday 30th July 2021

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Rob, would still like to come and play if possible but if you’re limited to a lower number of attendees and I don’t make the cut for whatever reason you decide then that’s not a problem at all.

I’m happy either way, so will keep an eye on the thread and see how things end up.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I’m not sure why you are trying to turn it onto me as if I’m the one at fault here. When booking the meet maybe the numbers should have been confirmed then , and I certainly would have had no issues if you had gone for the first 32 that put their name down but that wasn’t the case. It’s disappointing

So I'm "at fault here"?????
I have been organising this event for years and if you check through each years threads for Cooden you will see that there are normally 24, (or thereabouts), that attend.
When I booked it for this year, I initially booked for 8 tee slots, which have always been enough.
When I saw that the numbers were going to be much greater, I emailed Cooden to warn them and asked for more tee slots, preferably a two tee start so that I could accommodate everybody. (Look at post #93).
I have never had difficulty increasing or decreasing numbers before at Cooden, so I had no reason to "confirm numbers" as you put it, because it had never been a problem before.
That email was sent on December 27th. Now whether it was because of lockdown, whether it was because the person I was dealing with was inept, I don't know, but I literally heard back yesterday, nearly 4 months later, despite me sending further chase up emails, trying to phone, even enquiring about membership!!
I posted on here straight away. What more could I have done???
On the basis that there are only about 24 regulars, and I have space for 32, there was every chance that you were still going to get in. But no, you decided to kick off in your usual manner.
How many events have you organised in your 9 years on here. I'm not talking about fourballs, I'm talking about events??
I've done Forest Pines, Woodhall Spa, Woburn, The Addington, East Brighton, Cooden, Chartham Park to name just a few. Nearly every time they have gone without a hitch. This time, for the first time ever, I've hit a stumbling block through no fault of my own.
Others can see the difficulties I face and have offered some kind of help or solution. But poor old Liverpoolphil can only think of himself and wants to start proportioning blame, or fault, which is typical of the man. He starts talking about "preferential treatment" where nothing could be further from the truth. People who have been coming to this event since day one should stand down because you decide, for the first time ever, that you want to come???
Like I say, if you lose your deposit let me know. I'll personally reimburse you, because that's the sort of bloke I am.
You, on the other hand...........................

Last edited:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
So I'm "at fault here"?????
I have been organising this event for years and if you check through each years threads for Cooden you will see that there are normally 24, (or thereabouts), that attend.
When I booked it for this year, I initially booked for 8 tee slots, which have always been enough.
When I saw that the numbers were going to be much greater, I emailed Cooden to warn them and asked for more tee slots, preferably a two tee start so that I could accommodate everybody. (Look at post #93).
I have never had difficulty increasing or decreasing numbers before at Cooden, so I had no reason to "confirm numbers" as you put it, because it had never been a problem before.
That email was sent on December 27th. Now whether it was because of lockdown, whether it was because the person I was dealing with was inept, I don't know, but I literally heard back yesterday, nearly 4 months later, despite me sending further chase up emails, trying to phone, even enquiring about membership!!
I posted on here straight away. What more could I have done???
On the basis that there are only about 24 regulars, and I have space for 32, there was every chance that you were still going to get in. But no, you decided to kick off in your usual manner.
How many events have you organised in your 9 years on here. I'm not talking about fourballs, I'm talking about events??
I've done Forest Pines, Woodhall Spa, Woburn, The Addington, East Brighton, Cooden, Chartham Park to name just a few. Nearly every time they have gone without a hitch. This time, for the first time ever, I've hit a stumbling block through no fault of my own.
Others can see the difficulties I face and have offered some kind of help or solution. But poor old Liverpoolphil can only think of himself and wants to start proportioning blame, or fault, which is typical of the man. He starts talking about "preferential treatment" where nothing could be further from the truth. People who have been coming to this event since day one should stand down because you decide, for the first time ever, that you want to come???
Like I say, if you lose your deposit let me know. I'll personally reimburse you, because that's the sort of bloke I am.
You, on the other hand...........................

It pissed it down at Woodhall and I played like a knob. Can we get reimbursed for that? ?

D

Deleted member 1418

Haven't been to Cooden for a while so am more than happy to give up my spot for someone who has been more recently, and indeed more regularly, than I have.

Sorry it's been a pain in the backside for you Smiffy but wish you all the best for a good day anyway.

Hopefully the date for 2022 works out better!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Taking into account those people who have kindly given up their places, (I'm really sorry about that guys), I am now down to this list. Still 1 too many.
Could everybody else confirm they are coming please???

1. Smiffy
2. Ian (guest of Full Throttle)
3. Full Throttle
4. Leftie
5. Dhan
6. Bratty
7. Chrisd
8. SteveW86
9. TXL
10. Fish
11. Swingalot
12. Badger
13. njrose51
14. Norrin Radd
15. Ray Taylor
16. Sharon Strahan
17. Gopher99
18. Heronsghyll
19. Guy
20. Robin
21. Letitrip
22. PNWokingham
23.SimonSmh
24.SimonSmh guest
25. Oxfordcomma
26. JustOne
27. Wookie
28. mashleyR7
29. need_my_wedge
30. TheDiablo
31. Topoftheflop
32. Bdill93

Last edited:

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Rob, I don't mind dropping out. Keen to get going on meets again but I was starting to get a bit worried anyway about what my knees would think about 36 holes in a day. Had a cortisone injection a couple of weeks ago which appears to have done nothing to help :(

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Taking into account those people who have kindly given up their places, (I'm really sorry about that guys), I am now down to this list. Still 1 too many.
Could everybody else confirm they are coming please???

1. Smiffy
2. Ian (guest of Full Throttle)
3. Full Throttle
4. Leftie
5. Dhan
6. Bratty
7. Chrisd
8. SteveW86
9. TXL
10. Fish
11. Swingalot
12. Badger
13. njrose51
14. Norrin Radd
15. Ray Taylor
16. Sharon Strahan
17. Gopher99
18. Heronsghyll
19. Guy
20. Robin
21. Letitrip
22. PNWokingham
23.SimonSmh
24.SimonSmh guest
25. Oxfordcomma
26. JustOne
27. Wookie
28. mashleyR7
29. need_my_wedge
30. TheDiablo
31. Topoftheflop
32. Bdill93 guest
33. Bdill93

Remove my guest Smiffy!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Remove my guest Smiffy!

Im still very keen on playing though :)

I appreciate all the hard work and effort mate! Will be my second forum event - the first organised by Fish was brilliant last year - and im happy to play with anyone!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Rob, I don't mind dropping out. Keen to get going on meets again but I was starting to get a bit worried anyway about what my knees would think about 36 holes in a day. Had a cortisone injection a couple of weeks ago which appears to have done nothing to help :(
I am down to the necessary 32 with you still so there is no need for you to drop out unless you really want to. Could you confirm either way please mate ?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Rob, would still like to come and play if possible but if you’re limited to a lower number of attendees and I don’t make the cut for whatever reason you decide then that’s not a problem at all.

I’m happy either way, so will keep an eye on the thread and see how things end up.
You are still in Steve
?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
You are still in unless you definitely don't want to play now.
Can you confirm either way fella?

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You are still in unless you definitely don't want to play now.
Can you confirm either way fella?
When do you need to know by Smiffy?

Before this week's limits from the club and the subsequent nonsense I was just keeping an eye on it and getting a bit concerned that I might have to drop out. Still have an injection into the other knee to come so I might be OK in a months time but if you need a decision right now then I'm going to have to say no. If it was tomorrow I couldn't/wouldn't do 36.