Bloody old people and woman......

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Eh? I am referring to Bobs post about walking the length of the hole then skipping onto the next tee. Maybe read the posts in context.

And anyway hitting off whilst another group is on the tee should not be condoned in any circumstances, it is down right rude at best.

tell why then in your opinion why they shouldnt have let him through when they were holding the 2 ball up??

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
atleast we agree on something!!!!

personally i wouldnt have done the same but would of challanged as to why ?

Like I said in an earlier post almost everybody on here would have agreed however the manner he went about it and his subsequent refusal to accept he done anything wrong is what riled most.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can 100% sympathise with the OP as it can be very annoying when people are so ignorant that even when you are stood on the tee box with an empty course ahead they still do not let you through.

I meet up with a mate sometimes when I am on a late shift at work. I need to be left the golf course by 15:00 to get to work on time and he has to pick his little girl up from school. So I need to be in the clubhouse by 14:30 to get something to eat before going to work. If I turn up at around 9:30 to make sure I tee off by 10:00 thats gives me 4 1/2 hours to get into the clubhouse to order some food. But I have lost track of the times that I have walked off at the 13th, as it is against the clubhouse. Because it has taken nearly 3 1/2 hours so far and I just do not have enough time to finish a round. Strange how it always seniors or ladies that cause this problem.

I do not have anything against seniors or ladies as they have as much right to play as I do. I agree also that younger people can be slow aswell, but I have never had a problem with them letting me through. Some people just do not show enough consideration to other players that may have a limited time to play a round rather than all day.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
barging is shoving people out the way, give the lad abit a slack, or are you one of the only people i have ever met who dont moan about getting held up,

Pedant

We all get held up at times - what I wouldn't do is force my way in front of another group

Neddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
stevie_r,

I don't think that doing what I did is any ruder or worse than you and Snelly calling me names on an open forum.

Probably not but tbh I participate in forums fully expecting to be insulted at some stage or another (not saying it's acceptable but it's a fact of life)

When I'm on a golf course I expect better behaviour.....it's hardly a fair comparison

ivan

Medal Winner
Visit site
can't be bothered to read through all 9 pages of replies so have just skimmed - if someone starts a thread "Bloody Old People & Woman" without doubt he is going to upset well over 50% of all golfers before they have even read anything. so inevitably flak will be flying & rightly so. why can't we all be a bit more tolerant?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
can't be bothered to read through all 9 pages of replies so have just skimmed - if someone starts a thread "Bloody Old People & Woman" without doubt he is going to upset well over 50% of all golfers before they have even read anything. so inevitably flak will be flying & rightly so. why can't we all be a bit more tolerant?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Too much impatience and aggression by far in this world it seems. People need to relax and smell the coffee or roses or daffodils or whatever !

leaney

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Semantics.

Most people on here would have agreed with the OP, however the way he went about it and his subsequent refusal to accept it was wrong is what has annoyed most people (I would guess)

When and where did I refuse to accept that I was wrong?

I never said that I was right or wrong.

I am my own person, I don't follow others like sheep - like most people on this forum seem to do.

The fact is that the four ball in front of me broke the rules, I then insisted on playing ahead of them.

I never 'barged' through them. And whoever thinks I did 'barge' through - isn't much of man if you think that was confrontational.

I'm guessing that the older people this forum would rather I waited until after the 18th hole, for me then to 'go and tell on them' like a 5 year old child.

I've been called a 'knob' and a 'chav'. But....I can bet my life that I'm doing better for myself that you what you are. And if you spent your life actually sticking up for yourself and not 'telling on people' every time you didn't like something, I think you would have had chance of making something of your life. Instead of all 'ganging up' on someone who had enough of a four ball, taking all day.

I'm guessing you all read the Daily Mail?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site

I am my own person, I don't follow others like sheep - like most people on this forum seem to do.

The fact is that the four ball in front of me broke the rules, I then insisted on playing ahead of them.

I never 'barged' through them. And whoever thinks I did 'barge' through - isn't much of man if you think that was confrontational.

I'm guessing that the older people this forum would rather I waited until after the 18th hole, for me then to 'go and tell on them' like a 5 year old child.

I've been called a 'knob' and a 'chav'. But....I can bet my life that I'm doing better for myself that you what you are. And if you spent your life actually sticking up for yourself and not 'telling on people' every time you didn't like something, I think you would have had chance of making something of your life. Instead of all 'ganging up' on someone who had enough of a four ball, taking all day.

Is there a rule on slow play?

You still dont see that teeing off through a group was ignorant and does your complaint any good, I agree whole heartedly that you should have been let through but now I doubt I would want to play anywhere with you if this is how you behave when you dont get your own way.

leaney

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes there is a rule on slow play. It states it on the back of my clubs scorecard.

I would rather be ignorant than wait until after the 18th hole and complain to the club like a School child.

DCB

Visit site
Rule 35 covers the size of groups and their standing on the course, it also deals with Captains Rights on the 1st tee ;)

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes there is a rule on slow play. It states it on the back of my clubs scorecard.

I would rather be ignorant than wait until after the 18th hole and complain to the club like a School child.

You sure about that? Is it a rule or a suggestion.

If you complained to the club something may have been done about it now, after your actions, you could be reprimanded by your club. I know what I would rather have done.

This is the last from me on this.

Last edited:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

oh dear
no-nod.gif

So much anger, if you are doing so well, why don't you just relax and enjoy it.

Surely if the weight of opinion is against what you did, you must think you did something wrong.

at this rate it won't be long until the 'I'm leaving in a huff thread'!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Semantics.

Most people on here would have agreed with the OP, however the way he went about it and his subsequent refusal to accept it was wrong is what has annoyed most people (I would guess)

Pedant

We all get held up at times - what I wouldn't do is force my way in front of another group

Sorry leaney but having read the thread again I can't see where the fourball broke a rule. They were slow and perhaps could have called you through earlier it is you and your irresponsible action that is wrong. I'm afraid I can't find anything to condone what you did and certainly wouldn't enjoy playing a round with you if that is how you behave on the course. We can argue the semantics of barged but you definitely pushed in in the same way as you would be if a couple of old dears were doddring in the bus queue and you got on first.

You say there was no danger but could you guarantee you or your partner weren't going to mishit it and clearly the fourball weren't watching. I agree that some of the comments like chav are out of order but your post and replies come across as boorish and to be honest if you did that to my fourball I'd have no hesitation in reporting you. You certainly won't win many friends on the course with that attitude. Out of interest what do you do in a monthly medal when the whole field is slow. If the group in front has a bad hole and a couple have to reload do you just step on the tee then and fire away and get your group to do the same?

I'm sorry but I think your actions were irresponsible. The group themselves aren't without blame but golf is built upon respect and neither you or they have come out of this smelling of anything other something that is good for the roses.