Bit of a quandary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you found out your pro was letting non members on for nothing what would you do ?

You get on very well with him so would you mention it to him or would you tell the committee about it ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you found out your pro was letting non members on for nothing what would you do ?

You get on very well with him so would you mention it to him or would you tell the committee about it ?

Blackmail him;) for instance ive got 3 visitors next Wednesday, how about they play for free as well:rofl:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would ask him how come those people are playing without paying, or ask the club secretary how come people are playing without paying the fees.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I played Chesterfield GC (aka Walton) last Friday morning. I joined the 8am roll-up. I had spoken with the pro the day before and was getting a complementary as I'd expressed an interest in taking country membership. I did not have a bag tag. The guy organizing the roll-up and the two lads I played with did not know the circumstances of my freebie. They may or may not have wondered why I seemed to be getting a freebie - I do not know. They could well have wondered why their pro was letting someone on for free - and would not know whether I was a mate of the pro or not.

Careful of conclusions drawn from observation only.

BTW - the course was in superb condition and I really enjoyed my knock. In all the years I have been going to Chesterfield (30) I never before had (or made) the opportunity to play the course and so never realised what I was missing playing just 5mins from MiLs front door. A very welcoming and friendly club.

D

Deleted member 21258

Wierdly whilst on holiday at one club we paid for, the green fees we paid was paid to the pros card machine and wondered what the score was. Could be many reasons why the people did not pay, if I was that way inclinded I would ask the pro first, rather jump any further in, as you could look silly.

I like the suggestion of blackmailing him:rofl:

gazzadi

Medal Winner
Visit site
how do you know? and what can you prove?my suggestion would be to tread very carefully before making accusations as there may be multiple explanations or discretion's available to a pro that are unavailable to members.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

For me it would depend on how many and how often. Clubs may have a deal with the pro where he gets 1 tee a day to sell and he keeps all the cost rather than any commission on visitors fees so it isn't always black and white as it first looks.

If the same non members are getting free golf frequently at the courtesy of the pro then that is wrong, flag it to the committee by letter and let them deal with it. That is what they are there for.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Right, here is the fly in the ointment, the person who told me if a good friend of mine, it was him that got on free but the real fly in the ointment in........I'm on the committee.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Right, here is the fly in the ointment, the person who told me if a good friend of mine, it was him that got on free but the real fly in the ointment in........I'm on the committee.

You know what to do then, bottom line........free people cost the club revenue.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As others have said, don't be quick to jump to conclusions. I would explore it myself to find out why, how often, for what reason etc

gazzadi

Medal Winner
Visit site

Was under the impression that you had recently put three cards in to re enter competitive golf after a sustained break and your re on the committee already.What type of club is this Cabby?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I think you should go steaming in there all guns blazing :thup:

After all, what's the worst that can happen? :whistle:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Was under the impression that you had recently put three cards in to re enter competitive golf after a sustained break and your re on the committee already.What type of club is this Cabby?

As Groucho Marx once famously said "I wouldn't be a member of a club that would have me as a member of their club" :rofl:

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Just ask him the question, give him chance to explain. No need for formalities at this point but as a committee member you will be compromised if you do nothing and let it slide.

There may be a valid reason but there needs to be clarity about whether it is a one off or if it is happening on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.