WEEKEND MUSINGS

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The pull and spring loaded tech may work, but the irons would all need to be a dual cog system like titleist and callaway to not effect the lie angle.

This would almost assure costs of £200-250 per club as we see with adjust utility irons

I agree with your guess at pricing (& why not, you're still buying clubs for a round of golf) Another reason mnfctrs shouldn't baulk at this 'idea' they really won't lose out financially

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The pull and spring loaded tech may work, but the irons would all need to be a dual cog system like titleist and callaway to not effect the lie angle.

This would almost assure costs of £200-250 per club as we see with adjust utility irons

As I see it. in a single club lie angle is the same because the shaft length does not change.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Introduce a rule that says there must be a minimum difference in loft of around 8 degree in irons (including wedges). That would cut down the number of clubs needed, cut out indecision over what club to use and improve skills
Great idea.
I would go with irons, 14, 22, 30, 38, 46, 55, 64 and putter.
Then 9° driver, 10.5° driver, 13° wood, 15° wood, 16° hybrid, 20° hybrid.
Swings and roundabouts.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just wondering how many of us hackers use all/most of the 14 clubs in any round. I know I don't (usually only have a dozen in the bag anyway:))

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just wondering how many of us hackers use all/most of the 14 clubs in any round. I know I don't (usually only have a dozen in the bag anyway:))

Yeah just 11 or 12 for me (depending on comp/tees) and still not unusual to have a couple of clubs not used

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I manage to avoid bunkers for a round then the 60 doesn't get used. I've probably had a couple of rounds where 6 iron didn't get used, because my approaches have all been longer or shorter. The other 12 will usually all get used unless there's a weird anomaly on a certain day and I don't have any 8 iron shots or something.

Last edited:

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One of the societies I play with have an annual 5 club incl putter comp. The scores are often better than other meets using a full bag.