Lost your ball, how goods your provisional

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
My mate who plays off 11 now is currently playing Wilson Ultras - I thought they stopped making them donkey's years ago but apparently I was wrong, just now they're called Ultra 500. He hates all kinds of spin and he reckons these are the lowest spinning balls he could find. 😂
😳 I found one of them, it went into the back of a bin lorry yesterday..

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I tend to play a couple of type's of ball, and only keep the used or found of those types in the bag so one of these for a provisional, never another new ball, my rule is only one new ball per round. :ROFLMAO:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Usually the provisional just has to be a ‘different’ looking ball. Could be colour or brand. It’ll usually be of similar quality to the original (low’ish to mid-priced)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Usually the provisional just has to be a ‘different’ looking ball. Could be colour or brand. It’ll usually be of similar quality to the original (low’ish to mid-priced)
If I take a new sleeve out I'll put different markings on each as the three will all have the same number. Usually put a ball with 1 dot and my initials in play and a provisional will have 2 dots and my initials. If I lose either I'll put the last the last with 3 dots in my pocket

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
If I take a new sleeve out I'll put different markings on each as the three will all have the same number. Usually put a ball with 1 dot and my initials in play and a provisional will have 2 dots and my initials. If I lose either I'll put the last the last with 3 dots in my pocket

Mine (inc provisional) are just marked with initials in sharpie. I'm expecting to have any lost ones returned at some point so folk need to know who's it is (y)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always use the same make and model of ball in a round of golf.

What has frustrated me through the years is the number of provisional balls I have lost having found the original ball.

One of mates has balls in his bag marked P1 and P2 to use as prov's.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played a game with an old boy last week and I noticed the sound off the club face was a little clicky. Then after a few holes he played a little chip from the fringe and the ball made this ridiculous high pitched plastic click. I had to wander over to inspect the ball, sure enough it was a top flite XL, must be 30 years old 🤣

As far as I am aware Topflite XL is still made. At one time the best selling ball in the world.

I had a mate who played with virtually no other ball, he always got my finders.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I often go for a walk round our 9 hole course, always through the rough and trees and I always take a plastic bag.
Most balls I find get left on the next tee I get to.

I once picked 5 balls which belonged to my mate (he never searched for long). Quite a laugh as I gave them back to him in front of everybody in the club bar.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I often go for a walk round our 9 hole course, always through the rough and trees and I always take a plastic bag.
Most balls I find get left on the next tee I get to.

I once picked 5 balls which belonged to my mate (he never searched for long). Quite a laugh as I gave them back to him in front of everybody in the club bar.
In the old days they would go in the box for juniors to use. These days they turn their noses up unless its premium ball

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the old days they would go in the box for juniors to use. These days they turn their noses up unless its premium ball
Same here

I once left a box of nearly 50 brand new balls in the office for the juniors they stayed there for months. In the end I got them back and left them in a charity shop.

Swango1980

Visit site
My original ball is always a garbage tatty ball (Pinnacle, Top Flite, etc).

My provisional is a Premium ball. After all, I can guarantee it will be middle of the fairway and not lost :D

MACM85

Visit site
I just use the same brand/type of ball. I make sure that if my playing ball is an even then the provisional will be an odd number and declare it when hitting the provisional.