Bit of a quandary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Storm in a tea cup.

I've been given free rounds of golf by mates who are Professionals at other clubs. The amount of unpaid work a professional does for a club is incredible.

D

Deleted member 15344

Needs more information

Who is the Pro letting on for free and why is he doing it

There are people who can ask for courtesy of the course

But if he is just letting his mates on for freebies then it’s needs to be looked at and as a committee member you shouldn’t be asking her first you should be going to the pro or whoever looks after him

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Needs more information

Who is the Pro letting on for free and why is he doing it

There are people who can ask for courtesy of the course

But if he is just letting his mates on for freebies then it’s needs to be looked at and as a committee member you shouldn’t be asking her first you should be going to the pro or whoever looks after him

Also PGA professionals will often be given complementary rounds by clubs.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Problem solved, said person was given freebie as he is joining, so it was felt asking a fee may have been inappropriate.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Right, here is the fly in the ointment, the person who told me if a good friend of mine, it was him that got on free but the real fly in the ointment in........I'm on the committee.

so if he is a good friend of yours, didnt he mention in passing that he was thinking of joining your gaff?

just askin for a friend :)

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
He told me his son was joining when I first spoke to him, spoke to him later this afternoon and told him where I was at, then he said he was joining also, don't ask me why he never said in the first place.

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
He told me his son was joining when I first spoke to him, spoke to him later this afternoon and told him where I was at, then he said he was joining also, don't ask me why he never said in the first place.

So let’s get this straight.
He told you that his son was joining your club, but he didnt know where you play and you didn’t mention you were a member there

But he told you that he got a freebie on your course, and you didn’t mention that it was your course,

And now he knows it’s your course, he is joining too.

Sounds like he’ll be on the committee next week

Some could call BS on this, I however couldn’t possibly comment 👍

D

Deleted member 3432

He told you that his son was joining your club, but he didnt know where you play and you didn’t mention you were a member there

But he told you that he got a freebie on your course, and you didn’t mention that it was your course,

Some could call BS on this, I however couldn’t possibly comment 👍

He's really got your back up this one....

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Some could call BS on this, I however couldn’t possibly comment 

eh ?

Where are you getting all this from ?

Of course he knew I was a member there, that's what we were talking about. I told him of my dilemma, that's when he said he was joining also.

Call bs on it all you want, I'm sure through various infractions I've had, I've never cared what anyone thought or said in regards me, given you've dealt out most of them, you know this fine well.

PhilTheFragger

Visit site

So when you said”spoke to him later this afternoon and told him where I was at”

That to me says you told him which course you played at, however I can now see that you meant “where you were at” as regards the quandary.

Such poor phrasing it’s no wonder people get confused and jump to conclusions. Still no worse than your pro getting accused of dodgy dealings when actually he was promoting your course.

Accusations of BS are hereby rescinded , Cabby is a BS free zone , it’s official 👍

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Such poor interpretation and misinterpretation and jumping to conclusions has gotten me various infractions in the past, but I have no power over that, unlike yourself.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Storm in a tea cup.

I've been given free rounds of golf by mates who are Professionals at other clubs. The amount of unpaid work a professional does for a club is incredible.

Not all in the same boat, some are happy to do the bare essentials and take their retainer

gazzadi

Medal Winner
Visit site
Do Disney do golf clubs. If you put 3 cards in to join the club this year how do you become a committee member in that initial year. i don't know of any other examples of this happening Cabby.Can you attempt a plausible explanation without reference to Groucho Marx.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Do Disney do golf clubs. If you put 3 cards in to join the club this year how do you become a committee member in that initial year. i don't know of any other examples of this happening Cabby.Can you attempt a plausible explanation without reference to Groucho Marx.

A plausible explanation ? Just what are you talking about dear boy ? Why would I possibly need to explain anything to you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.