Best PARKLAND courses

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i'd be up for it, work for HIAL so get down to Dundee a few times a year.

long old course though wasn't anything under 400 yards until the 15th, one of the few occasions we regretted playing from the whites;)

Pea Shooter you need to work on your game if you were hitting 5 IRON for your second shots. Lots of trees on the course and we all know you like the trees.....

D

Deleted member 1147

Bearwood Lakes is probably my favourite. I never realised until reading this thread that Wentworth West was heathland. Id have it as Parkland all day long. I'd also class Sunningdale as heathland.

I'm also in the minority on here when I say I really enjoy the Belfry (Brabazon) too. I think in the middle of Summer, it's condition and greens are outstanding. Don't shoot me but I also like the PGA National!!

Another that jumps out..... Mere GC in the NW.
It's actually surprising how few spring to mind. Others of note would be

I'm looking forward to trying out Bearwood Lakes.

I'm a fan of the Brabazon too.

I'd say my own club, kedleston is a high quality Parkland, we've got Open Qualifying for the first time this June and will be hosting the MacGregor Trophy for under 16's this year as well.

D

Deleted Member 1156

If there is interest I can get a game sorted for those who would like a hack round later this year.

Sounds great, quite a few of us from the south would be interested in coming up :thup:

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'll have a landing strip specially constructed for you just by the 1st tee.

it's a launch pad Patrick needs on every tee if he is hitting 5 iron in to every green.

Count me in for this if it goes ahead I am sure someone will pick me up :thup:

D

Deleted Member 1156

The Southern Mafia ! I'll have a welcoming party organised at the border.

The southern boys are always up for a good meet, we travel to all the big ones. Castle Stuart, Aberdeen, Turnberry.

We are a great bunch of guys, you'll love us ;)

Keep us in the loop :thup:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The southern boys are always up for a good meet, we travel to all the big ones. Castle Stuart, Aberdeen, Turnberry.

Well only if you can behave, and no Morris dancing outfits....well not on the course anyway.

D

Deleted member 15344

If it’s up there with those courses happy to travel again as we normally do :thup:

I’m sure Paul , Andy etc will be happy to drive up as well

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Pea Shooter you need to work on your game if you were hitting 5 IRON for your second shots. Lots of trees on the course and we all know you like the trees.....

guilty as charged;) , wasn't a hole (except the par 3's) under 400 yards until the 15th off the back tea and us that rely on 50 yards of roll off a links course struggle with none on a wet parkland.

I'll pick you up and you can drive the ball for me on the par 4's up to 15th, how's that?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it’s up there with those courses happy to travel again as we normally do :thup:

I’m sure Paul , Andy etc will be happy to drive up as well

It is most definitely not in the league of Castle Stuart, Royal Aberdeen, Turnberry etc

Anyone willing to travel all the way from south England to play Downfield on it's own needs their head examined. It's a nice course but it's not 100's of miles nice.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
It is most definitely not in the league of Castle Stuart, Royal Aberdeen, Turnberry etc

Anyone willing to travel all the way from south England to play Downfield on it's own needs their head examined. It's a nice course but it's not 100's of miles nice.

I certainly wouldn't drive 100s of miles to play it but I probably wouldn't do that for any course tbh.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
guilty as charged;) , wasn't a hole (except the par 3's) under 400 yards until the 15th off the back tea and us that rely on 50 yards of roll off a links course struggle with none on a wet parkland.

I'll pick you up and you can drive the ball for me on the par 4's up to 15th, how's that?

Sounds like a plan there is a driving range on the way so we can stop off and hit some balls.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I agree with you about not being in the same league as the ones you have mentioned but in the summer it is a good course and a good test of golf with tight fairways line with tall trees so you need to be on your game. it's probably one of the better ones in the Dundee area.