Best PARKLAND courses

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Go on then mister expert, argue the case for the defence?? Gimme what holes on it you think makes it so great ????

The holes round the loop with the exception of 11 are possibly the dullest stretch of holes in golf.....but hey you think it's magnifico, so let's hear it.

D

Deleted member 23270

Still waiting on you answering this from earlier....struggling are you ? Ye thought so.

Maybe people are just ignoring you because you just go on and on like a stuck record. We might call you 'broken clock' because even they are right twice a day :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not a great fan of the 2nd hole either

Same here never able to score on it, to be fair its a good course and it has been cracking this year but not much winter golf on it, was always a club thats heads were up there back end and it nearly killed them a few years back but good to hear there building it back up and picking up new members.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Cabby

Can I ask an honest question?

Why did you leave ?

We only played over there in Winter, if you've ever been out to the 9th on the New when the weather turns bad, you'll know all about it, anyway, we got old and the prices went through the roof. It only cost £90 a year for 4 courses, Old/New/Jube and Eden possibly the greatest value in golf, anywhere in the world.

They then changed the country or was it county membership costing and the prices rocketed, and bare in mind, we only played over there through the winter months, it wasn't viable and as I said, when you get older and get caught out by the 9th on the new, you wonder why you are here, or there as it were.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes I have played it a few times over the years and enjoy it when it's dry and the club house is top notch and bit has a fully stocked Pro Shop which is good

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
shut for months on end in the winter

ha, when I joined in September, guys I played with were raving about only being on winter greens 3 times last year and hardly at all in previous years, it's been on winter greens since mid November, ach well, you win some, you lose some.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
=

Same here never able to score on it, to be fair its a good course and it has been cracking this year but not much winter golf on it, was always a club thats heads were up there back end and it nearly killed them a few years back but good to hear there building it back up and picking up new members.

Too many stuffy old geezers who want it all their own way, and like you say, apparently went pear shaped, of this I really have not much knowledge as I wasn't interested in golf, never mind Downie then.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
ha, when I joined in September, guys I played with were raving about only being on winter greens 3 times last year and hardly at all in previous years, it's been on winter greens since mid November, ach well, you win some, you lose some.

It was alway winter greens from November to March even when it was dry ,then they realised things had to change and to be fair last year it was only 3 times. Clubhouse is really good and the pro Barry is a fantastic lad who has the best shop around. I like playing full course in the winter but my place has changed there winter policy.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
=

Too many stuffy old geezers who want it all their own way, and like you say, apparently went pear shaped, of this I really have not much knowledge as I wasn't interested in golf, never mind Downie then.

They had to many old guys paying basically nowt and huge debts they weren't for changing, members had to pay over £150 extra to bail them out.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I guess everyone likes playing full course all the time, but that's not always possible, anyway, I joined it in full knowledge of where it is and how it can get, but I didn't join it cause it might be on full course in Winter.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Well like I said, it all changed and even the proper locals had to stump up a lot more, sure Jimaroid can fill the details in there.