Best PARKLAND courses

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

...and to quote Jack....when asked, What is his favourite hole, he replies....

Say no more, even Jack kens, ken.

That’s a bit of a selective quoting there isn’t it ? Why don’t you post what he says after that

It’s just the golf course, as a whole, that invigorates me, because of what it is and what it represents. I always say my favourite hole is “the hole I’m playing

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
That’s a bit of a selective quoting there isn’t it ? Why don’t you post what he says after that

It’s just the golf course, as a whole, that invigorates me, because of what it is and what it represents. I always say my favourite hole is “the hole I’m playing

Well thank you, that is everything I have been saying all along, it's what it represents that makes it so special, what it is in the history of the game, where all the greats have played, that's what makes St Andrews great, I've been saying that all along.

I've never had a feeling like it in golf walking down the first or walking up 18, it is magical, truly special.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He does look about 12 granted. There’s shades of Peter Pan about him

Hey! I resemble these remarks. :D

Anyway. Yes, indeed, Links ticket prices are complicated as there are multiple tiers, options and factors. Residence, adult, child, student, 5 or 7 day tickets, full 7 course or restricted 5 courses - all are different. Not seen the '18/'19 prices yet but I think last year the price of a resident ticket was about £200 for 7 day, full course access and prices go up (and down!) around that.

I'm north east fife, so pay about double that and then have to add club membership on too. All in, it was around £650 I think last year.

Would like to move into town to get that resident ticket one day (not really, mostly because my daughter is heading to school there) but the house prices are just daft.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did pay the £150 2 years ago I'm 500 odd so could be at least 5 year before i get a ticket but if i join a club i can get a comp ticket which allows roughly 60 comps a year apart from The Old and the Castle , 2 of my mates are taking this option up this year its £260.

The Temporary Competition Ticket is a pretty good option if you're already in the waiting list. Rumours continuously circulate that they're going to open up more tickets but we get quite a few folk through from Glasgow and beyond playing on the TCT, it's a popular route in.

When I got mine I was three hundred and something in the list and pretty lucky for what it's worth. A lot of people seemingly go on the list then don't take up the offer when it's made.

D

Deleted member 17920

Druids glen

Absolute belter of a course and one of my top 5 ever played.

Interesting you think that because I only found it only average.

The par 3's were very good but the course didn't live up to its hype, we played in on a forum meet in June and I thought the condition the course was rather uninspiring as well.

I had really looked forward to it as well.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

The par 3's were very good but the course didn't live up to its hype, we played in on a forum meet in June and I thought the condition the course was rather uninspiring as well.

who in there right minds goes to Ireland to play parkland:rofl::rofl:

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site

been a few years since I last played it and it was in great condition, just like all the times before. not sure what it's like now so can't comment. great layout and loads of water features on the course.

D

Deleted member 17920

who in there right minds goes to Ireland to play parkland:rofl::rofl:

In June why not? Ireland has some fantastic parkland courses.

Mount Juliet is one of my favourites.

Whilst I loved Royal County Down and Royal Portrush I am not getting ripped off paying £230 for one round of golf!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
you don't you go to drink in the Temple Bar and enjoy the night life it has to offer and play golf during the day to pass the time until it's time to go back out at night ....

i went to Dublin on a stag do for 3 days a few years ago. all i can remember of Dublin is there was some sort of fountain right in the city center, which i end up in a few times. other than that lashed from the moment i got to the airport to getting home 3 days later. thank god for Columbia is all i will say;)

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
you don't you go to drink in the Temple Bar and enjoy the night life it has to offer and play golf during the day to pass the time until it's time to go back out at night ....

Why on earth would anyone go to the Temple Bar , a dump and a rip of now nearly 10 euro a pint

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My fav is Grimsby golf club, yet to play one I enjoyed more that wasn’t or was partly heathland, inland links or costal links.

John O Gaunt was good too, I think it’s parkland? Lakeside Lodge is fine too.