Best Parkland courses

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A park to me has some swings, a roundabout, maybe a couple of half-pipes, a few football pitches and somewhere to take your drugs of choice.

Impossible to get a good round going.

D-S

Visit site
A park to me has some swings, a roundabout, maybe a couple of half-pipes, a few football pitches and somewhere to take your drugs of choice.
I’ve played that muni.

(But as it’s not Links, Heathland, Downland or Moorland it had to be Parkland).

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I’ve not played it though used to live half a mile away. When I watched the LIV event there on tv you could hear the constant noise from the nearby M1. Personally I wouldn’t find that relaxing.
I used to mountain bike across the land before it was built and that was just farmland with a few cops of trees. We'll until we had to stop as they used the site as landfill. I think the link road between the M1and the M25 must run very close, I think it was called the A10?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I've probably not played high level parkland but ones I've played and thought were very nice indeed, better than the norm:

The Roxburghe
Slaley Hall
Hexham
Oakdale (Harrogate)
I’m playing both slayley courses in may. It’s been a long time since I’ve been up there.

sunshine

Visit site
I used to mountain bike across the land before it was built and that was just farmland with a few cops of trees. Well until we had to stop as they used the site as landfill. I think the link road between the M1and the M25 must run very close, I think it was called the A10?

The M1 runs right along one side of Centurion. You can’t see it because it’s screened by trees and bushes, but you can sure hear it.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Forres
Newmacher Hawkshill
Downfield
Ladybank
Forfar
Ballater
Banchory

I was thinking about this before I saw your post. Bit surprised you’ve listed it as parkland, yes it is cut through the woods, but it is very sandy soil, almost linksy turf, and there is heather everywhere. I think it’s more heathland for sure, certainly pitched as heathland on our website.

Jason.H

Visit site
I used to mountain bike across the land before it was built and that was just farmland with a few cops of trees. We'll until we had to stop as they used the site as landfill. I think the link road between the M1and the M25 must run very close, I think it was called the A10?

I used to do the mountain bike rides from Addiktion Cycles in St Albans many years ago. James who worked there knew some great routes and always found some challenging bits to ride.

Genu9

Visit site
a bit left field but i used to love Beckenham Place Park before the council shut it down.

Woburn & Bearwood Lakes are great courses

Westerham is very pretty but you need to be wary of one of the members

Hever Castle is nice as well
Was a member at Bearwood Lakes when I lived in Arborfield. Fantastic course.. You can only play if invited by a member though.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I was thinking about this before I saw your post. Bit surprised you’ve listed it as parkland, yes it is cut through the woods, but it is very sandy soil, almost linksy turf, and there is heather everywhere. I think it’s more heathland for sure, certainly pitched as heathland on our website.
Aye I wasn't sure myself either tbh, and only played it once. Probably is more heathland than parkland, also not sure if Forfar would be the same (y)

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd certainly call it Heathland rather than Parkland. I guess though it is a case of there really isn't a precise definition of either. Whichever it's a very enjoyable course.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Link road is the A414 not the A10

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The M1 runs right along one side of Centurion. You can’t see it because it’s screened by trees and bushes, but you can sure hear it.

Played there a few times, cant say the road noise was much of a bother, not compared to playing at Magnolia Park used to be for example

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I used to do the mountain bike rides from Addiktion Cycles in St Albans many years ago. James who worked there knew some great routes and always found some challenging bits to ride.
I don't remember the bike shop, used to ride out with my mate Ed who's mum and dad lived in Levistock green, we'd have a cup of tee, them come back through Redbourn, on a track through rothhampstead experimental farm, across harpenden common, then Wheatmstead common and back to St Albans. We managed to do that mostly off road.