Best par 3 you’ve actually played

Swango1980

Visit site
I like the 2nd at Grimsby Golf Club

About 170-180 yards. drive over water (but room between green and water). Downhill tee shot, everything slopes right to left.

Not a fan of their 9th hole though. 242 yard par 3. No exciting features, apart from just bashing it and hoping for the best.

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
This sticks out in my head at Farleigh Golf Club on the Blue loop. I love an elevated par 3.

I also love the 2nd at Singing Hills. Very Sawgrass-esque.

Attachments

• the-par-3-island-green.jpg
    the-par-3-island-green.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 2

evemccc

Visit site
1 Royal Lytham
2 Dornoch
3 Hindhead
4 Swinley
5 Ganton
6 Brora
7 Hankley
8 Deal
9 Turnberry
10 Hillside
11 Old Course
12 Woodall Spa
13 Dornoch
14 Rye
15 West Hill
16 Muirfield
17 West Lancs
18 …🤪

I’m stuck on 18..

Shep2

Blackballed
Visit site
Not sure about 'best' but most memorable would be 7th @ Stoke Park for me
3rd on Woburn Dukes a close 2nd

sunshine

Visit site
Lot of love for Sunningdale on this thread. Now I love both courses at Sunningdale, arguably Old & New is the best golf day in the world, but personally I don't think the par threes are the stars of the show.

Shep2

Blackballed
Visit site
Lot of love for Sunningdale on this thread. Now I love both courses at Sunningdale, arguably Old & New is the best golf day in the world, but personally I don't think the par threes are the stars of the show.
That's probably true for any course though! Great Par 3s are rather unsung gems - to mix 2 metaphors! Especially when on the New course! The seemingly inocuous, but pretty much perfect 5th is sandwiched between the really tough 4th and the grandeur of the 6th! And the 8th on the Old is another classic!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The 3 hole thread got me thinking about this. What is the best par 3 you’ve ever played?

15 at Seahouses for me. Not only is it a stunning hole but depending on the wind strength and direction you really have to pick your shot wisely. I’m genuinely surprised it’s still here though as the left side of the green is 2ft from the cliff edge.
Am I right in saying that in the clubhouse there is a clip from a magazine where it was voted one of the hardest 18 holes in the world. Its a gorgeous little hole as is the one Beezerk mentioned at the same course.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
1 Royal Lytham
2 Dornoch
3 Hindhead
4 Swinley
5 Ganton
6 Brora
7 Hankley
8 Deal
9 Turnberry
10 Hillside
11 Old Course
12 Woodall Spa
13 Dornoch
14 Rye
15 West Hill
16 Muirfield
17 West Lancs
18 …🤪

I’m stuck on 18..

18th on the Arden course, Forest of Arden?

One that sticks in my mind is 15th at Bigbury, the hole is great but the views are even better.

9th at Bearwood Lakes was beautiful.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Am I right in saying that in the clubhouse there is a clip from a magazine where it was voted one of the hardest 18 holes in the world. Its a gorgeous little hole as is the one Beezerk mentioned at the same course.
Yep. And a top 10 to play as well I think.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Agree, but the 5th on the New Course is a stunner.

Best collection of par 3’s I have played are at Swinley.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This sticks out in my head at Farleigh Golf Club on the Blue loop. I love an elevated par 3.

I also love the 2nd at Singing Hills. Very Sawgrass-esque.
If you like an elevated par 3.
There is one think it’s the 9th at Reddish Vale.
jeez it’s a big hill.
and worse coming back up on 18th.