Best electric Trolley?

D

Deleted member 16999

I have a 4yr old Gokart and there is no brake on it. Not been an issue so far, I just angle it on any hill.

I suspect the new version will not have one either. It is part of the simiplicity of them, less to go wrong.

Electric trolleys are not like push trolleys in that they don't run freely in the same way. I can push my trolley without the battery engaged but it doesn't roll easily and so rolling on a slope is far less likely to happen. I presume there is some sort of engagement between the wheels, motor etc
We’ll test your theory on our 6th & 7th mate.;)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have a 4yr old Gokart and there is no brake on it. Not been an issue so far, I just angle it on any hill.

I suspect the new version will not have one either. It is part of the simiplicity of them, less to go wrong.

Electric trolleys are not like push trolleys in that they don't run freely in the same way. I can push my trolley without the battery engaged but it doesn't roll easily and so rolling on a slope is far less likely to happen. I presume there is some sort of engagement between the wheels, motor etc
I have to say, my GoKart freewheels no problem at all when I want it to. Many's the time I've let it freewheel down one of the many slopes at our course. I'm not sure that's a USP for the OP though! ;):LOL:. Like yourself, on a slope I just put it at an angle. I think the new design GoKarts with a lower CofG will be better for this.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I found, with my GoKart, that angling it on a hill wasn't a good idea due to the higher CoG due to the battery ( most of the weight) being much further from the ground than other makes. It was quite easy to tip it..
Motocaddy has the battery lower so it doesn't tip...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have to say, my GoKart freewheels no problem at all when I want it to. Many's the time I've let it freewheel down one of the many slopes at our course. I'm not sure that's a USP for the OP though! ;):LOL:. Like yourself, on a slope I just put it at an angle. I think the new design GoKarts with a lower CofG will be better for this.
I think I have explained this badly. If I point my trolley downhill it will roll. There is resistantce in the wheels though so if you put it next to a push trolley and let go of both at the same time the push trolley will reach the bottom first by some way. I think this resistance helps to prevent it roll away when you angle it, it doesn't get going.

TigerBear

Visit site
As far as I'm aware, the GoKart hasn't a brake. If you email them you can check but, as I say, I've never felt a need for it.

Thanks guys good to know there isn't really a need then.

Even with the hills (munros) at East Renfrewshire Rob, no need for a brake?

I assume if you both were in the market again for a trolley, you'd be going for a Gokart again?

Not enticed by features like EBS or auto distance on other trolley brands?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys good to know there isn't really a need then.

Even with the hills (munros) at East Renfrewshire Rob, no need for a brake?

I assume if you both were in the market again for a trolley, you'd be going for a Gokart again?

Not enticed by features like EBS or auto distance on other trolley brands?
Personally I would get another Gokart. I'm not interested in all the extra bells and whistles so the extra cost doesn't add up, for me.

EBS, never knew such a thing exists. If I played regularly on hilly courses it may be of interest but I haven't seen a need to this moment. Perhaps Rob can answer that better if his course is hilly. I do occasionally play hilly courses, did so on Thursday, but a runaway trolley has never been a problem.

Auto distance, not sure I see the point. A bit like auto rain sensors on a car, which I have and turned off 2 years ago. A gimmick extra but do you really need it? Maybe you do but I don't ?.

Ultimately a Gokart is a simple, basic electric trolley that keeps on going. You don't have the other bits on a push trolley so do you feel you have missed out before now? You then have to ask the question, are those bells and whistles worth the, significant, extra cost or are they just auto wipers? I have no criticism of any of the other trolleys incidentally, I just don't feel the need to spend the extra to get what they offer. If not having those extras is going to nag away then spend the extra amount and enjoy.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Personally I would get another Gokart. I'm not interested in all the extra bells and whistles so the extra cost doesn't add up, for me.

EBS, never knew such a thing exists. If I played regularly on hilly courses it may be of interest but I haven't seen a need to this moment. Perhaps Rob can answer that better if his course is hilly. I do occasionally play hilly courses, did so on Thursday, but a runaway trolley has never been a problem.

Auto distance, not sure I see the point. A bit like auto rain sensors on a car, which I have and turned off 2 years ago. A gimmick extra but do you really need it? Maybe you do but I don't ?.

Ultimately a Gokart is a simple, basic electric trolley that keeps on going. You don't have the other bits on a push trolley so do you feel you have missed out before now? You then have to ask the question, are those bells and whistles worth the, significant, extra cost or are they just auto wipers? I have no criticism of any of the other trolleys incidentally, I just don't feel the need to spend the extra to get what they offer. If not having those extras is going to nag away then spend the extra amount and enjoy.
I think this pretty much sums it up for me. If there is a slope anywhere I just park it sideways. As LT said, and I said before, I have no objection to other trolleys with all their add-ons, but I just don't feel the need for them. For me, a lot are features rather than benefits. GPS? I have my Shot Scope watch which also features shot-tracking. Auto-distance? I actually don't see many people use that anyway on trolleys that have them, and you have to have a clear run. EBS? I've never felt the trolley is going to pull me down a slope. It just goes with me. Digital speed display? I can't see the point as the roller control is so intuitive I can adjust my speed without a thought.
GoKart benefits? My current one I can have out of my boot, snapped into place and the battery fitted in less than 30 seconds. It won't rust as it's plastic. Customer service is fantastic. It's simple but, IMHO, there's less to go wrong. The motor pulls like a train up the steepest of slopes at our club, and my cart bag has everything in it to cope with all Scottish weather, so it's not light. And I like the individual looks.
Would I buy another? Absolutely, and probably with auto-speed control. But my current one is showing no signs of giving up the ghost (touching lots of wood) and so in reality I can't see the need to replace it yet. But if and when it does go to that great fairway in the sky, I'd replace it with another GoKart.
(BTW, my name is Stephen (or Ste, or Steve, or Stevie which I'm now called since living in Scotland ;). The Robster is a combination of surname and first name).

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
My priority list would be.

Good posture / ergo
Good build quality
Good battery life
Good value
Intuative speed control
Easy to fold and handle
Umbrella holder

Nice to haves -
Drinks holder
Auto distance 25/50 yards

Not needed -
Brake
Phone holder
GPS
Distance measure
Phone charger
Score card holder
Complicated display

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I invested in my first Gokart when my knees and ankles ached like mad after a particular tough game one winter. Carrying my bag was killing me. Didn't have GPS, brakes or drink holders on my knees or ankles so didn't see the need for them on their replacements.

TigerBear

Visit site

Thanks LT, I think all these extras are, well just as the name suggests, extras! The more I consider everything from a practical perspective as opposed to "oooh that would be nice and fancy" things like GPS, EBS, remote control aren't essential.

I see the benefit in the auto distance e.g. set the distance and send the trolley to wherever you need it to go. But how often am I actually going to use that feature during a round, for me, not a lot!

I think this pretty much sums it up for me. If there is a slope anywhere I just park it sideways. As LT said, and I said before, I have no objection to other trolleys with all their add-ons, but I just don't feel the need for them. For me, a lot are features rather than benefits. GPS? I have my Shot Scope watch which also features shot-tracking. Auto-distance? I actually don't see many people use that anyway on trolleys that have them, and you have to have a clear run. EBS? I've never felt the trolley is going to pull me down a slope. It just goes with me. Digital speed display? I can't see the point as the roller control is so intuitive I can adjust my speed without a thought.
GoKart benefits? My current one I can have out of my boot, snapped into place and the battery fitted in less than 30 seconds. It won't rust as it's plastic. Customer service is fantastic. It's simple but, IMHO, there's less to go wrong. The motor pulls like a train up the steepest of slopes at our club, and my cart bag has everything in it to cope with all Scottish weather, so it's not light. And I like the individual looks.
Would I buy another? Absolutely, and probably with auto-speed control. But my current one is showing no signs of giving up the ghost (touching lots of wood) and so in reality I can't see the need to replace it yet. But if and when it does go to that great fairway in the sky, I'd replace it with another GoKart.
(BTW, my name is Stephen (or Ste, or Steve, or Stevie which I'm now called since living in Scotland ;). The Robster is a combination of surname and first name).

Cheers Steve! Like yourself I have my Garmin so no need for GPS. Play at a hilly course so a well built electric trolley is the priority not features like EBS, etc.

The more and more I research into this, the more I feel like the Gokart auto is the best option for what I'm looking for!

TigerBear

Visit site
My priority list would be.

Good posture / ergo
Good build quality
Good battery life
Good value
Intuative speed control
Easy to fold and handle
Umbrella holder

Nice to haves -
Drinks holder
Auto distance 25/50 yards

Not needed -
Brake
Phone holder
GPS
Distance measure
Phone charger
Score card holder
Complicated display

For me solid build quality, easy to fold away and compact design, umbrella holder.

Anything else a bonus.

For those reasons, the Gokart and its reviews, the feedback on here and the price make it the most attractive option for what I need.

M.Harmon

Visit site
The CT6 is the most compact with the wheels inverted, the GoKart still looks large when folded and placed in the boot on the product video.

TigerBear

Visit site
The CT6 is the most compact with the wheels inverted, the GoKart still looks large when folded and placed in the boot on the product video.

I hear you and no denying that the CT6 is mega compact but hearing stories and reading reviews of very poor build quality.

For that reason, I'm pulled more to the slightly "bulkier"(?) GoKart.

Still undecided haha, give me strength!

RichA

Visit site
I hear you and no denying that the CT6 is mega compact but hearing stories and reading reviews of very poor build quality.

Just got a message that my Go Kart auto will be delivered today. Shame it wasn't in time for the 28 holes I played yesterday.
Never had a power trolley before, so I'm going in blind but open-minded. I'm sure nobody's interested in my ramblings, but I'll let you know my impressions once I've had it out on the course.

M.Harmon

Visit site

I wouldn't worry about the build quality of the new range I think they have learned lessons from past designs. I have crashed mine more than a few times now and it is still solid, if the quality is that bad something would have broken by now. Just buy the one you like the look of and let the warranty sort out anything that may go wrong.