Best electric Trolley?

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can highly recommend Powerbug

Great sturdy trolleys and very reliable, have had no issues with mine.

I’m on my 2nd one having had the first for about 6 years and I bought it 2nd hand and only bought a new one as was looking to buy a new lithium battery and by time you buy a battery I figured was as well buying a new trolley as well and getting all the warranties etc with the new one

There are a few guys on here who also have a Powerbug and I’ve heard no complaints from any so far.

https://powerbug.co.uk/

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im another who wont touch Motocaddy again

Bought a Golfstream revolution many years ago and far more solidly built than anything else Ive had, great service from a british company too
Same for me. Just a shame they have stopped making this model I believe.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It really depends on your definition of "best". For me it's something simple, reliable, pulls well and can be put up and down quickly. I don't need GPS as I have a Bushnell watch.
Another GoKart owner here. Mine is 10+ years old and is still providing sterling service. It is out in all weathers, is incredibly robust, has never let me down, and I don't mind the looks. At the end of the day it's for carrying clubs, not to go on a catwalk.

Last edited:

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Motocaddy M3 Pro user here, had it 5 years and still working - recently it's had a couple of "funny" moments but I'd buy Motocaddy again - probably one with downhill control as my new course has some quite steep hills!

RichA

Visit site
Carrying on our hilly course 2 or 3 times a week, I've started to really feel it in my back and legs recently. It's reached the point where I'm struggling to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other, never mind putting a decent swing in.
Having thought about a push trolley, I read this thread and decided you only live once - might as well make the golf as easy as possible.
Just ordered the Go Kart automatic. I don't need gps or remote control; it's British designed and assembled; they apparently answer the phone to customers. Seems like a no-brainer to me. I even like how it looks.
Thank you for the helpful comments on each of the options.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Carrying on our hilly course 2 or 3 times a week, I've started to really feel it in my back and legs recently. It's reached the point where I'm struggling to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other, never mind putting a decent swing in.
Having thought about a push trolley, I read this thread and decided you only live once - might as well make the golf as easy as possible.
Just ordered the Go Kart automatic. I don't need gps or remote control; it's British designed and assembled; they apparently answer the phone to customers. Seems like a no-brainer to me. I even like how it looks.
I'd be interested in your feedback on this. I don't intend to replace my GoKart unless it gives up the ghost but if it ever does, this would probably be my choice.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I'd be interested in your feedback on this. I don't intend to replace my GoKart unless it gives up the ghost but if it ever does, this would probably be my choice.

The Go Kart my wife has is the automatic - I hadn't realised they did a version with a control you had to adjust for speed - it's incredibly simple to use and works really well.

M.Harmon

Visit site
I got the PowaKaddy CT6 last year and think it is great and hav about 140 miles on the clock according to the screen so far. It has tipped back quiet a few times thanks to the bumps in our fairways when I let it go solo and even climbed a tree on Friday when I used the ADF feature to send it off to the next tee but clearly judged the distance wrong. Our paths can be rough as and i am impressed with how it is holding up. I was expecting a broken handle after is climbed the tree and tipped back but no, nothing, no damage whatsoever. It even got blown over on Saturday thanks to me leaving the umbrella up in the holder in high winds and it survived hitting the handle on the path. I find comparing it to the M5 which my mate uses that the motor is noisier but still quiet. The battery bounces around and makes noise but I fixed this with self adhesive neoprene tape to wedge the battery in which put a stop to the rattle. The fact it does not have a spine means my Titleist mid size tour bag fits on properly without having to go side saddle unlike the older models. I think PowaKaddy learned from past mistakes and made this stronger than the previous compact model which my mate was going to buy but got put off by how flimsy it felt in the shop. I think it is a great looking trolley and mainly bought it because aesthetically it looks nicer than the Motocaddy range, even the accessories are a better looking design. I have the 36 hole battery but have not done 36 holes on a charge yet as I charge it after every game but the fuel gauge rarely drops below 4/5. I got mine for £649 September last year from expressgolf.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401922923100?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item5d94791a5c:g:1F8AAOSwvBpd7lRk&amdata=enc:AQAFAAACgBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%2Fn%2BzU5L90Z278x5ickkTboA95HSvGa1O5UmCCGJLsco7fKMkMW5vrG1p1kjDb%2B6FJYUT67R15Xpgs0UPdSAJhR%2FQAlBTvdXMWA3Oc3BsIhH4hvjlgVPSVMBYLMIEMGVKxno0eWffbeuKgGiNTsgCiNdigGrEV4HHVzLnJ6WVF8mzgXmoDpvf0VBRy4NY0s2CWM4E62DIc4P%2BzLbNK8szgS7yzoj9EbVI8Xx4osDjIW7XFc3B6eZyyrIcu7hZ0CQlcefyKs%2FVcgcImRl4KxwVproZt2zARwsusUJKRKU88atcNxUSnfc27i8RNXCPLnHKjytAsHmkw2NJXqTJH%2FXBc%2Fu8lJUOw3LpS0t4ikabp41cVVkpCAvQVvMSXTgECWfPUbJP9zDciZ890DnfbHxqUfXUqiNldslU%2BBthA2IypFrdwxispYN7%2B9yhCWIfLO99FlIZur0JeA0vMmRRcrz9EWGyRd%2BSfipvxhrZZzx31MLM1eo133SPhKikp754OVskHbhB5Rka6tmnh%2FE381YlXHMKFzMLp9oiUJrWpUNCFTRmjzxRKLFAjLtMSNn04PZqiz%2BUqhsdN%2BKAx6zW5qcI4MxmrR4l%2B9mOHg2jqLiynE7r9UTqwjRjjEiw5%2B1tozf3ibFNnMMjvFRgOhkQSw0eMZ40AZxtCY9g%2FJlKp0dT3uqTnkaqX8rmIUThTTUc7Ec1Jh%2B5ZNyrKUUZcluUt5opKsCJIG8cvxV0powUaPb96xD3RvKF6hOKkEdmdA8BG4r%2B45q3r%2BdEXcjPM%2FLdT7k4R728xkMTFp9aY6YNPh7CtvnHdKGH%2FtB5N4s0I5JD%2F4%3D|cksum:4019229231007c43b2751e704882899dd78a996f09cd|ampid:pL_CLK|clp:2334524

Last edited:

TigerBear

Visit site
It really depends on your definition of "best". For me it's something simple, reliable, pulls well and can be put up and down quickly. I don't need GPS as I have a Bushnell watch.
Another GoKart owner here. Mine is 10+ years old and is still providing sterling service. It is out in all weathers, is incredibly robust, has never let me down, and I don't mind the looks. At the end of the day it's for carrying clubs, not to go on a catwalk.

Thanks Rob, that's very impressive and willing to out the aesthetics aside for a trolley that's clearly a solid investment.

Cheers Rich, very helpful insight. I take it you purchased online and there's no way to see any physically in a shop? What persuaded you to go for the auto ahead of the manual?

I got the PowaKaddy CT6 last year and think it is great and hav about 140 miles on the clock according to the screen so far. It has tipped back quiet a few times thanks to the bumps in our fairways when I let it go solo and even climbed a tree on Friday when I used the ADF feature to send it off to the next tee but clearly judged the distance wrong. Our paths can be rough as and i am impressed with how it is holding up. I was expecting a broken handle after is climbed the tree and tipped back but no, nothing, no damage whatsoever. It even got blown over on Saturday thanks to me leaving the umbrella up in the holder in high winds and it survived hitting the handle on the path. I find comparing it to the M5 which my mate uses that the motor is noisier but still quiet. The battery bounces around and makes noise but I fixed this with self adhesive neoprene tape to wedge the battery in which put a stop to the rattle. The fact it does not have a spine means my Titleist mid size tour bag fits on properly without having to go side saddle unlike the older models. I think PowaKaddy learned from past mistakes and made this stronger than the previous compact model which my mate was going to buy but got put off by how flimsy it felt in the shop. I think it is a great looking trolley and mainly bought it because aesthetically it looks nicer than the Motocaddy range, even the accessories are a better looking design. I have the 36 hole battery but have not done 36 holes on a charge yet as I charge it after every game but the fuel gauge rarely drops below 4/5. I got mine for £649 September last year from expressgolf.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401922923100?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item5d94791a5c:g:1F8AAOSwvBpd7lRk&amdata=enc:AQAFAAACgBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%2Fn%2BzU5L90Z278x5ickkTboA95HSvGa1O5UmCCGJLsco7fKMkMW5vrG1p1kjDb%2B6FJYUT67R15Xpgs0UPdSAJhR%2FQAlBTvdXMWA3Oc3BsIhH4hvjlgVPSVMBYLMIEMGVKxno0eWffbeuKgGiNTsgCiNdigGrEV4HHVzLnJ6WVF8mzgXmoDpvf0VBRy4NY0s2CWM4E62DIc4P%2BzLbNK8szgS7yzoj9EbVI8Xx4osDjIW7XFc3B6eZyyrIcu7hZ0CQlcefyKs%2FVcgcImRl4KxwVproZt2zARwsusUJKRKU88atcNxUSnfc27i8RNXCPLnHKjytAsHmkw2NJXqTJH%2FXBc%2Fu8lJUOw3LpS0t4ikabp41cVVkpCAvQVvMSXTgECWfPUbJP9zDciZ890DnfbHxqUfXUqiNldslU%2BBthA2IypFrdwxispYN7%2B9yhCWIfLO99FlIZur0JeA0vMmRRcrz9EWGyRd%2BSfipvxhrZZzx31MLM1eo133SPhKikp754OVskHbhB5Rka6tmnh%2FE381YlXHMKFzMLp9oiUJrWpUNCFTRmjzxRKLFAjLtMSNn04PZqiz%2BUqhsdN%2BKAx6zW5qcI4MxmrR4l%2B9mOHg2jqLiynE7r9UTqwjRjjEiw5%2B1tozf3ibFNnMMjvFRgOhkQSw0eMZ40AZxtCY9g%2FJlKp0dT3uqTnkaqX8rmIUThTTUc7Ec1Jh%2B5ZNyrKUUZcluUt5opKsCJIG8cvxV0powUaPb96xD3RvKF6hOKkEdmdA8BG4r%2B45q3r%2BdEXcjPM%2FLdT7k4R728xkMTFp9aY6YNPh7CtvnHdKGH%2FtB5N4s0I5JD%2F4%3D|cksum:4019229231007c43b2751e704882899dd78a996f09cd|ampid:pL_CLK|clp:2334524

Thanks MH, now I'm totally confused lol. I'm torn between Gokart, CT6 and the M5. Good to know that the M5 is quieter and the sturdyness to the CT6 - good to hear as well as some have been critical of Powakaddy.

Decisions, decisions!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm on my third GoKart. I switched from the 1st "roller" version to the "automatic" when it first came out. Have now got the latest version (roller) with an 18 hole Lithium battery.
I think it's the best of the lot. I prefer using the roller to the automatic version for some reason. I guess I just feel more in control?
The newer style is much easier to fold/unfold, and the battery housing is a doddle, as is the bag rest, holds your clubs much further away from the trolley which is better.
The newer one is noticeably quieter in use, (not that the earlier version was particularly noisy), and it tracks as straight as a dye.
I've used it twice now, and the Lithium battery is not only quicker to charge, but after 18 holes has still got all four "power" lights on. Feel I could do another 18 no problem at all.
For a no fuss, "carry my bag" trolley I don't think it can be beat.
And the new Carlos Fandango wheels make it look a bit sportier.....
;););)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I bought a CT6 a few weeks ago, very impressed with it so far. Looks great and build quality is solid, I like how sturdy it sounds when it clicks into place, a proper "clunk".
Minor gripes, the umbrella attachment could do with being to one side rather than in the middle, I've also had it tip backwards when I wasn't paying attention on an uphill slope, I guess all trolleys do that though.

Fabia999

Visit site
I haven't used a GoKart so I can't comment on it but I can compare Motocaddy and Powakaddy and in my opinion the motocaddy has a better build quality, the handles are also higher which means i dont need to slightly bend to control it. I current have a s3 pro but I've never used any of the distance controls so I think an s1 is good enough unless you want GPS/remote control.

Kennysarmy

Visit site

If you're on a hilly course surely you'd be better off with a trolley that keeps a constant speed going down hill? Rather than having to fight the weight of it as it tries to freewheel down the slopes - something which my knees are not taking a liking too since I moved to a much hillier track.

RichA

Visit site
If you're on a hilly course surely you'd be better off with a trolley that keeps a constant speed going down hill? Rather than having to fight the weight of it as it tries to freewheel down the slopes - something which my knees are not taking a liking too since I moved to a much hillier track.
I understand what you're saying, but I'm fine going downhill. It's the aging muscles and stiff back when carrying that are the problem rather than the knees. It's ordered now anyway so I'll see how it goes. Either way, it can only make life easier and the walk more enjoyable.
Also, the steep bits at our place are all on the way up. The descent is much more gradual.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Reading the posts above - about charging after every round and recharging before it ever gets below half full - how have you found this affects battery life?

The reason I ask is that mobile phone manufacturers (who have been using lithium batteries for donkeys years) recommend letting the battery completely drain before recharging as this is the best way to preserve battery life.

Or does the far more frequent use and recharging of a mobile phone means the timescales of battery degradation are shortened?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Reading the posts above - about charging after every round and recharging before it ever gets below half full - how have you found this affects battery life?

The reason I ask is that mobile phone manufacturers (who have been using lithium batteries for donkeys years) recommend letting the battery completely drain before recharging as this is the best way to preserve battery life.

Or does the far more frequent use and recharging of a mobile phone means the timescales of battery degradation are shortened?
I am touching lots of wood before I make the next statement! :eek:o_O
I have had my 18 hole Lithium Battery for my GoKart (bought to replace the original lead acid) for what must be a good five years (possibly longer). It gets used, charged up after every round and sits in the garage through all temperatures. It's still going round the full 18 holes showing no signs of degradation of power. How low the charge is when put it back on charge I couldn't tell you.

RichA

Visit site

I think that's the old, pre-lithium batteries. With the newer ones, phones or golf trolleys, I believe you absolutely shouldn't run them flat.

Kennysarmy

Visit site

My lithium battery is coming up to ten years old and I play around 100 rounds per year - I always charge after use and unplug once charged - battery appears to still be going strong.