Buying an electric trolley - why so difficult?!?!

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I once had a brolly holder for my trolley. Quite often when you need a brolly it's also quite windy which makes them a liability attached to the trolley.
They also all seem to be very poor quality and not strong enough. Why don't they make them with metal clamps?

One day I discovered that I'd lost my brolly holder (never figured out how), and have never felt the need to replace it.

PS. Have decided that the next trolley I get will have DHC. Don't need it on my home course, but definitely worth it on some away courses.
I live in Scotland, it's very windy, I don't recognise your difficulties at all :unsure:

Played on courses like Dufftown, doubt there's somewhere hillier, no need for DHC.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I live in Scotland, it's very windy, I don't recognise your difficulties at all :unsure:
Are you seriously saying that you have a brolly attached to your trolley in strong winds and it has never caused your trolley to be blown away or tipped over?
Your trolley must weigh a ton!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I never could be bothered with a brolly holder on my trolley. Our course gets pretty windy and I've seen lots of broken brollys when we've had strong winds.
I just wear good waterproof clothing if it looks like rain. Our course is also pretty hilly and I've never felt the need for hill descent control.

D-S

Visit site
I never could be bothered with a brolly holder on my trolley. Our course gets pretty windy and I've seen lots of broken brollys when we've had strong winds.
I just wear good waterproof clothing if it looks like rain. Our course is also pretty hilly and I've never felt the need for hill descent control.
DHC or EBS is not an ease of use issue if you are fit and healty (if so why are you using an electric trolley in the first place) but if you have any knee problems it is a boon on courses with steep downhill slopes.

Teebs

Visit site
I'm fit and healthy and still use an electric trolley. Very few benefits to carrying.

In summer you can carry more water, snacks etc. In winter you can carry more clothing.

I feel much fresher at the end of a round now compared to before and my scores prove that too.