Best electric Trolley?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
What is the forums thoughts on EBS?

I play at quite a hilly course. But is it more of an annoyance? Are there any drawbacks to the EBS technology?

Disappointingly it doesn't seem like Gokart comes with any EBS technology or even the auto distance technology e.g. where you can set the trolley to travel set distances of 15, 30 or 50y?
I had the powerkaddy FW7 ebs as I’m on a course with 2 steep downhill paths. It was great but I ended up replacing the clutch mechanism after about 15months. I also didn’t like my posture will steering it so what some people have said about going to a shop and getting your hands on one, I personally think is important.

I also always get a 36 hole battery as lithium is reported to deplete 3% year on year. My thinking is a longer battery will last me longer.

I’ve got an x9 follow now and absolutely love it. Might be worth checking golfbidder for used ones as they’re factory refurbed with warranty and with the x10 being released there’s likely to be a few becoming available

TigerBear

Visit site
My course is very hilly and I've never really thought about it (admittedly my GoKart is over 10 years old so technology has changed since then). I've not missed EBS or auto-distance to be honest. I know some people who have them on their Powakaddys and Motocaddys but you need to be sure where you point them before you push the button. I've seen a few accidents as a result of misjudged distances. And, of course, the more stuff you want on it, the more expensive it gets. The simplicity of the GoKart is what appeals to me. Flick a switch, turn the speed control and I'm away (or just push the handle on the auto speed control models). Of course, I understand some people like all the other bits as well. It's all horses for courses.

Cheers Rob. Played your course a couple of times and that has some serious hills haha!

Good to know then that the EBS isn't really needed if you have survived these years without it!

TigerBear

Visit site
I had the powerkaddy FW7 ebs as I’m on a course with 2 steep downhill paths. It was great but I ended up replacing the clutch mechanism after about 15months. I also didn’t like my posture will steering it so what some people have said about going to a shop and getting your hands on one, I personally think is important.

I also always get a 36 hole battery as lithium is reported to deplete 3% year on year. My thinking is a longer battery will last me longer.

I’ve got an x9 follow now and absolutely love it. Might be worth checking golfbidder for used ones as they’re factory refurbed with warranty and with the x10 being released there’s likely to be a few becoming available

Cheers Jigger, that's sound advice, I didn't know of the Stewart trolleys!

Disappointing to hear about the clutch burning out so quickly but thankfully under warranty(y)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think it's also important to point out that GoKart trolleys are made in the UK (with the exception of the battery) whereas the PK and MtC are made in China.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
So it will fall to bits within 6 months then :ROFLMAO:;)
Quite the contrary. I keep thinking I'd like to replace my 10+ year old GoKart with the new auto version but given the fact everything clicks into place as they always did, the motor pulls as strongly as it always as and there is basically nothing wrong with it, I can't see a reason to justify the change.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm tempted to get an electric trolley so I've appreciated reading this thread but I can't quite convince myself that I really need one, which makes pulling the trigger difficult. The price makes the GoKart attractive but I'm not sold on the looks, whereas I think the Powakaddy and the Motocaddy look better but I would really struggle to justify the extra cost. Maybe I'm just not ready for one yet...

Robster59

Tour Rookie
I'm tempted to get an electric trolley so I've appreciated reading this thread but I can't quite convince myself that I really need one, which makes pulling the trigger difficult. The price makes the GoKart attractive but I'm not sold on the looks, whereas I think the Powakaddy and the Motocaddy look better but I would really struggle to justify the extra cost. Maybe I'm just not ready for one yet...
If you want a more conventional looking trolley that is around the same price as the GoKart, you could try the GolfStream. They seem to get good feedback.

RichA

Visit site
If you want a more conventional looking trolley that is around the same price as the GoKart, you could try the GolfStream. They seem to get good feedback.
Mine hasn't arrived yet, so I'm not recommending it, but the unconventional looks of the Go Kart really appealed.
It's the only one that doesn't resemble a motorised walking frame.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Cheers Jigger, that's sound advice, I didn't know of the Stewart trolleys!

Disappointing to hear about the clutch burning out so quickly but thankfully under warranty(y)
It was just outside but only cost about £40 for a new one. I YouTubed the fix first and couldn’t believe how easy it was to fix. Good luck with your search.

TigerBear

Visit site
One thing I've noticed about the CT6 there isn't a brake, or at least I haven't found one lol, so you have to park it sideways on a slope. Is this the same on all electric trolleys?

checked the PK website and also the likes of american golf, etc. for their product descriptions. Nothing mentioned about a brake.

Does anyone know if Gokart has a brake?

I'm totally on the fence between PK, MC and GoKart.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Motoccaddy M1 DHC ordered on Saturday ! Recent £55 of winnings put towards it - only issue is delivery is looking like mid-July!!! Guess the knees will continue to take a pounding with my current trolley trying to stop it running off down the Lilley Brook hills.

D

Deleted member 16999

checked the PK website and also the likes of american golf, etc. for their product descriptions. Nothing mentioned about a brake.

My Motocaddy M5 has a brake.

Robster59

Tour Rookie

As far as I'm aware, the GoKart hasn't a brake. If you email them you can check but, as I say, I've never felt a need for it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a 4yr old Gokart and there is no brake on it. Not been an issue so far, I just angle it on any hill.

I suspect the new version will not have one either. It is part of the simiplicity of them, less to go wrong.

Electric trolleys are not like push trolleys in that they don't run freely in the same way. I can push my trolley without the battery engaged but it doesn't roll easily and so rolling on a slope is far less likely to happen. I presume there is some sort of engagement between the wheels, motor etc